DDI is a global leadership consulting firm that helps organisations hire, promote and develop exceptional leaders. From first-time managers to C-suite executives, DDI is by leaders’ sides, supporting them in every critical moment of leadership. Built on five decades of research and experience in the science of leadership, DDI’s evidence-based assessment and development solutions enable millions of leaders around the world to succeed, propelling their organisations to new heights. You can see more at www.ddiworld.com.
About the role
As an integral member of our finance team, the Accounts Assistant will support the Financial Controller (FC) in ensuring the financial health of the business. He or she will report directly to the FC and will be primarily responsible for accounts payable, as well as other general finance administration, and supporting the FC as required. This is a part time role, with some flexibility over days/hours worked.
The successful applicant will have a strong attention to detail, good communication skills, and be able to work independently to tight deadlines. This is an exciting newly created role, and it is anticipated that it will develop over time to be a true 2IC to the FC.
● Accounts payable: Manage the processing, payment and reporting of external and intercompany invoices and company credit cards
● Tax filing: Calculate and submit monthly BAS and payroll tax returns
● Month end: Calculate and post monthly accruals and other journals
● Month end: Balance sheet reconciliations
● Month end: Bank reconciliation
● Year end Audit: provide documents and other information to the auditors as required
● Budgeting, reporting and analysis: Support the FC as required
● Ad hoc work on special projects as required e.g. implementation of new project management system
Relevant experience and qualifications
● Strong attention to detail
● Computer-literate with a good understanding of Excel
● Good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
● Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, work efficiently and accurately, and manage deadlines
● Experience with an integrated ERP financial system such as Oracle Cloud is highly valued
● Accounts payable knowledge is essential
● Experience within a Professional Services environment is desirable
● Studying towards CA, CPA or similar
Whats the deal
● 15 hours a week across 2 days or more. It might be that you flex this up and down a bit for the cadence of finance requirements across the month and year.
● Base salary $35,000 to $38,000 for 3-days (FTE range is $58,333-$63,333) + Super.
● Location is in North Sydney (this role is office-based with the option to work from home 1-2 days/week).
How to apply:
If this role looks like you, apply asap. Interviews will be scheduled as soon as great talent applies.
If you’re keen to apply and are not already part of our marketplace please sign up to Beam.
Applying is easy — upload a CV, answer 3 questions and record a 1-minute intro video so we can get to know you.
The video is not compulsory, but gives us some further insight into why you would be great for our role. It does not need to be polished, just the real you.
We look forward to meeting you!