Social Ventures Australia (SVA) is a not-for-profit organisation that works with partners to alleviate disadvantage – towards an Australia where all people and communities thrive. We influence systems to deliver better social outcomes for people by learning about what works in communities, helping organisations be more effective, sharing our perspectives and advocating for change. As a values-driven organisation, accountability, integrity, respect and humility underpin our work.
The Social Ventures Australia’s Finance team manages financial operations organisation wide. The team consists of a Chief Financial Officer, finance manager, three accountants and an accounts payable officer.
The Accounts Payable Officer works closely with the Finance team to ensure all accounts payable processes are undertaken in a timely and efficient manner. The Accounts Payable Officer also supports the wider Finance operations to ensure SVA’s financial position and resources are closely monitored and managed as required.
Supplier and expense management
- Process and record all invoices and payments accurately, on a timely basis and in accordance with SVA’s delegation’s policy.
- Prepare payment runs for approval and payment processing.
- Manage vendor relationships including maintaining supplier details, sending remittance advices, resolving payment discrepancies.
- Monitor SVA’s cash balances and assist with cashflow management.
- Credit cards management including setting up new cards, adjusting credit limits, closing old accounts.
- Day-to-day maintenance of expense management system and transactions, including setting up new users and ensuring approver list.
- Support the reconciliation of expenses through key systems.
- Assist the wider business with accounts payable queries and the use of finance related systems.
General accounting support
- Prepare bank reconciliations
- Maintain SVA’s Fixed Assets Register including processing additions, disposals and depreciation.
- Prepare relevant month-end balance sheet reconciliations on a timely basis.
- Support the year-end external audit process and assist with queries from the external auditors.
- Assist with the posting of prepayment and accrual journals as required.
- Support finance projects such as process improvements and the implementation of finance systems.
- Assist in researching banking investment rates and payment processing for impact investing.
- Other responsibilities as required.
To effectively perform this position, the person will require the following:
- Interest in working in the social sector and on society’s most important challenges
- Concur or other similar expense management system (preferred)
- Financial Force Accounting or other similar ERP accounting systems (preferred)
- Salesforce or similar CRM database (preferred)
- Intermediate Microsoft skills including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Demonstrable accounts payable experience with proven track record for accuracy in a team-based environment
- Credit card management and expense management (preferred)
- Demonstrated experience with internal and external stakeholders in providing support and resolving accounts payable issues.
- Degree / tertiary qualification in relevant field (e.g. Accounting or other equivalent)
Skills & abilities
- High attention to detail and data entry accuracy
- Self-starter and proactive. Seeks opportunities to continuously learn and grow both within the immediate role and in developing a deeper understanding of SVA’s operations
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and able to prioritise work
- Ability to collaborate within a team and across the organisation
- Ability to think critically and provide support accordingly to internal stakeholders
- Effective communication with diverse audiences
- Fixed term contract: starting ASAP until 31st March 2020
- Part-time: 4 days
- Salary: $63k including super (full-time equivalent)
Please apply straight away as we’d love to meet you in the next few days with a view to starting as soon as possible.
Sign up to Beam so you can apply for the role. Applying is easy — answer 3 questions and record a 1-minute intro video so we can get to know you. The video is optional, but it makes a big difference to help you stand out! We look forward to meeting you.