Rest Super invests its members’ money across different investment markets using a range of asset classes and investment strategies to meet our investment objectives and grow retirement savings. Investing across many types of investment markets and asset classes with a wide range of investment strategies takes skill and expertise so Rest appoints specialist investment managers.
Super Investment Management (SIM) is a specialist Investment Manager for Rest Super.
The SIM Property Investment Portfolio team is 8 people, we’re a nimble team of strong investment professionals. We have a high level of communication and collaboration, working within the team to achieve collective outcomes. Humility and honesty are key.
About the role
Our team is growing, so we’re bringing in a new person to support the Portfolio Manager (Direct Assets), Property Investments in relation to the management of the directly owned investments.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
To assist the Portfolio Manager (Direct Assets) in various tasks relating to the asset management of the directly owned investments, including:
- Daily responsibility for asset management functions
- Overview management of property management services
- Generation of Asset Plans and Annual Budgets
- Responsible for the delivery of the Asset Plan and Annual Budget for each asset
- Management of leasing process including
o Marketing and agent coordination
o Transaction analysis to identify optimum lease structure
o Negotiation management of transaction terms including lease documentation
- Oversee capital projects and related documentation
- Input into monthly, quarterly and other reports and performance numbers
- To target areas of the portfolio and individual assets to identify value-adding opportunities
- To maximise revenue, reduce outgoings or improve operational frameworks
- Oversee document management including leases and contracts
In addition, the role:
- Manages the portfolio in accordance with Rest’s policies and regulatory obligations and delegation of authorities
- Prepares detailed reports and investment recommendations regarding the directly owned assets
- Provides input into due diligence process for new acquisitions
- Provides input into the SIM Property Investment Strategy
The experience, understanding or credentials we’re looking for include:
- Experience in the management of a direct property portfolio comprising large institutional grade assets
- Strong knowledge of office leasing practices, documentation and structures
- High level numeracy and competency with leasing transaction analysis
- Analytical skills in lease evaluation
- Understanding of alternate lease structures
- Ability to negotiate preferred outcomes with a diverse range of parties
- Experience in budget management, lease negotiations and lease administration
- Experience in managing service providers, property managers and leasing agents
- Professional qualifications commensurate for the role
Other experience which would be advantageous but is not essential includes:
- An understanding of Australian investment markets, superannuation investment philosophy and investment operations
- Knowledge of the Australian property markets (across the main sectors) relevant to a large institutional investor
- An understanding of the inherent risks of investing in long-term property investments
- A strong understanding of the attitude to risk and investment requirements of an institutional investor such as Rest
- Commitment to the adherence to Investment Management Mandates and other relevant delegation authorities/policies
- Combine sound commercial judgment and empathy with the risk profile of a major superannuation fund
Rest/SIM expects that our people will observe and champion our Values of Member Focus: Excellence; Responsibility; Integrity and Working Together. Rest/SIM’s values are shared statements of how we conduct ourselves in all our dealings with each other, our service partners and internal and external stakeholders to ensure we deliver exceptional service, experiences and effectively manage relationships.
Hours – we’re looking for someone 20-25 hours, either across the week or in 2.5/3 days
Salary – depending on experience and expertise for this level role
Location – Melbourne CBD. Working from home once a week is fine once established in role
This is a really flexible role which has been scoped as part-time and we’re really open to how outcomes are delivered in it. You don’t need to be engaged in transactions or matters which need urgent responses in this role so can plan your week and outcomes well.
Please apply here through Beam with a cover letter addressing your experience in large scale property management and any other of the requirements which you’re really strong in. We look forward to meeting you!