General Assembly is on a bold mission to close the global technology skills gap.
We do so by creating intensive learning experiences that transform working professionals into skilled practitioners capable of taking on today’s most in-demand roles in data science, software engineering, user experience design, and more.
Since launching in 2011, we’ve grown fast, raising over $110m in venture funding from Jeff Bezos, Howard Schultz, Alexis Ohanian, IVP, and more. We run physical campuses in 20 cities around the world, and operate innovative online and blended learning experiences with the help of over 500 talented and dedicated colleagues.
In just the last 6 months, here are just some of the achievements we’re proud of:
- We’re powering a global analytics consulting firm’s ambitious efforts to reskill 5,000 of their staff into data scientists.
- We brought together two Standards Boards made up of leaders in data science and digital marketing to help define the current and future skills these important roles must demonstrate.
- LinkedIn named us one #11 of 50 most disruptive startups.
- LinkedIn also named us #11 in the list of 25 most attractive places to work.
- We’re working with the Mayor of London to power an innovative new skills development program.
- The US Army selected General Assembly to build a reskilling program on cybersecurity for its soldiers.
- And much much more
Assistant Director, Strategic Partnerships
You will be responsible for supporting General Assembly’s relationships with key strategic partners across both the government and corporate sectors throughout APAC. You’ll work closely with the Head of APAC in a highly entrepreneurial role to design and execute on a wide range of strategic initiatives.
If you’re the right person for this role, you probably:
- Are intellectually curious, and excited by working on challenging problems and complex negotiations across lengthy sales and business development cycles.
- Are hardworking and self motivated.
- Have a few years of experience working directly with VP, SVP, and C-level clients at Fortune 500 / FTSE 100 companies, and understand how large organisations work.
- Excel at designing and articulating complex client proposals.
- Are excited by, and have a strong understanding of the technology landscape, including topics such as software engineering and data science.
- Are super organised and capable of managing a robust pipeline of business development, sales, and partnership opportunities.
- Aren’t just looking for another job, but instead the opportunity to play a leading role in building a company from the ground up.
- Are familiar with Salesforce and Keynote.
If you’re excited about this role and would like to join our team, please apply here through Beam with your cover letter. We look forward to meeting you.