At PwC, we help Australian businesses, not-for-profits and governments create value and improve the
way they work. From improving healthcare, to creating smarter cities and igniting Australia’s start up
industry, you’ll build trust in society and solve important problems.
The Deals Analytics team bring this to life by providing analytics services across the entire life cycle of our
client’s deals (strategy, acquisition, integration and divestment). We view analytics with a very commercial
lens and appreciate that it is just one important component of a successful deal execution. Our analytics
team focuses on the application of data analytics and technology within this broader business typically in
the following situations:
- to help increase our clients’ confidence in deals through additional insight that can be derived
from applying data analytics capabilities – using both company and external market data
- to help identify and quantify potential revenue, cost and working capital optimisation opportunities
to be delivered post deal
- increase transparency and efficiency through dynamic reporting
This is a very rewarding role, with lots of development opportunities in a high performing team and will
provide exposure to a broad range of businesses & clients across all industry sectors.
To be successful in this role, you should have:
- Enthusiasm and drive to be a leader in our team, helping shape and develop its future
- Strong communication, presentation, project management and time-management skills
- Ability to elicit client objectives from stakeholders and translate those into a solution design
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Qualifications in numerical-based and / or programing-based degrees such as Computer Science,
Software Engineering, Engineering, Science, and Applied Mathematics
- Demonstrated skills in business development, building personal networks, hypothesis-based
problem solving and ability to execute actions
- Knowledge of programming, data transformation and visualisation tools (e.g. Tableau, Power BI,
Alteryx, SQL, R, Python, GIS tools)
- Understanding of basic accounting principles and financial analysis
It would also be desirable if you had the following:
- 5+ years of experience applying advanced analytics to commercial issues, with 3+ years of
professional services experience preferred
- Experience with statistical analysis, application of machine learning to solve business problems or
develop insights, simulation or optimisation modelling experience
In return, you will be rewarded with a career built on a variety of experiences, access and development
towards a leadership or technical position, recognition of contribution to a team and development of an
excellent cross-service network.
If you are keen to expand your horizons and believe you have the drive, initiative and skills to play an
integral role in our practice the please express your interest by applying online.
Sound like you? Read on.
What we offer
Working for Australia’s largest professional services firm you’ll join a creative and collaborative team that
delivers meaningful outcomes for a wide range of clients and access a global network spanning 157
Our culture and benefits are the reason why we were recognised as Australia’s number one workplace by
LinkedIn. Our state of the art offices embrace the very best technology has to offer and each person has
access to flexible work options. Our dress policy is flexible too – you choose what you wear based on the
kind of work you do with your team and clients.
Fostering an inclusive culture and embracing differences is at the centre of everything we do. At PwC,
you will be empowered to be yourself and work with people from different backgrounds and points of view
to achieve things you never thought possible. Get involved in our employee-led diversity networks
(cultural, disability, LGBTI or gender equality) and benefit from our best-in-class policies such as 18
weeks maternity/paternity leave, flexible work and gender equity.
Up for a challenge? We are committed to helping our people unleash their passion and potential. Hard
work does not go unrewarded and industry best coaching, mentoring, training and development are ready
and waiting. If you have a genuine desire to make a difference and want to surround yourself with like-
minded, talented and driven individuals who strive to do the same, apply here now through Beam Australia.
PwC is committed to building and maintaining a diverse workforce. Our Reconciliation Action Plan sets
out our commitment to increase Indigenous employment. We encourage applications from Aboriginal and
Torres Strait Islander Australians.
Please apply here through Beam Australia ASAP with your CV and covering letter. In your covering letter we want you to tell us:
- Why you want to work for PwC and be part of this Deals Analytics team
- How your skills and experience align with the job advert her
Related Jobs (3)
Financial Modelling Manager | PwC | Brisbane | Days flexible on May 10, 2018 Contract