SchoolTV is a SaaS technology company delivering a digital wellbeing platform for Schools in Australia and New Zealand. The SchoolTV wellbeing platform is a world first development that directly focuses on the fundamental importance of better, more informed parenting and its influence on improved educational outcomes for today’s youth.
The reality is that today’s parents and schools face unprecedented challenges in raising happy, healthy and resilient young people. SchoolTV is the direct result of a growing need from educators and parents that reveals a major gap in parent knowledge and ability to deal with modern-day issues facing young people.
After extensive research and four years of market presence, the SchoolTV platform has positively demonstrated a positive impact on child and adolescent health and wellbeing. SchoolTV is the only digital platform that measures in real-time school community usage thus providing valuable data to support preventative measures.
We are a small, close-knit organisation who work collaboratively and passionately to grow our network. Having launched in 2017, SchoolTV is now in 600+ schools across Australia.
SchoolTV is growing and looking for a B2B Business Development Manager (BDM) to manage the sales pipeline and process, to help us grow our strategic sales. You’ll work closely with the founders to expand the client network, and specifically work on new leads for strategic sales with larger organisations who represent multiple schools.
In this important role, you will engage with schools on the topic of wellbeing and how they interact and support their parent networks. This is an incredibly important and timely issue for schools, so your understanding and empathy on this issue will be key.
You will be representing our brand to the market and responsible for introducing SchoolTV to Schools and Systems of Schools e.g. Catholic Diocese, Local Councils, Department of Education’s across Australia.
We’re seeking someone who can manage complexity well, is organised, can take on day to day competently, remain calm in a storm and problem solve on the fly. You need to be strong commercially and have experience and confidence to maximise relationships to get great outcomes for SchoolTV.
You will report to the SchoolTV Executive Team and collaborate with the Marketing Manager and a Queensland-based Sales Support Representative to reach growth goals.
● Thinking creatively and strategically about who might be a good partner for our client network and to proactively reach out to them to inform them about SchoolTV and secure key meetings (in person or via zoom)
● Having the initiative and confidence to think laterally and brainstorm ideas with the leadership team
● You would partner with the founders to demo the technology, and take responsibility for leading the sales process from start to finish, developing strong, genuine relationships in the process
● Learn the job functions of our prospective buyers and communicate how our platform makes their lives easier
● Travel to national trade shows to showcase our platform in-person, if and when they are on (COVID-dependent of course)
● Develop and deepen industry networks to better understand customer needs and to drive sales
● Use and maintain sales tech tools such as CRM (Insightly), 1:1 video software and sales engagement platforms
● Learn! Read, listen to podcasts, research what the best in the industry do and execute on modern strategies to keep us competitive in the marketplace
● Consistently hit and exceed your sales growth numbers
Experience and Qualifications
● This is a nuanced sell. We are looking for someone who has experience in the need we are wanting to solve.
● B2B sales experience – doesn’t need to be SaaS (doesn’t need to be integrated to IT depts, just a URL, so you don’t need to have tech knowledge)
● Experience selling in the education space or larger networks would be great, but not necessary
● Our purpose is wellbeing, so being able to communicate the benefits with passion.
The successful candidate will be:
● motivated, self-starting and productive
● resilient, determined and persistent
● unafraid of the unknown – you welcome novel challenges
● innovative and inventive
● relationship driven; warm; a “people person”
● ethical and honest
● driven by results and social purpose
Professional experience – required skills:
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate professional accomplishments that show us these capabilities:
● can sell products and services and can close a deal.
● are an effective negotiator – you can take carriage of complex negotiations
● are capable of establishing, growing and maintaining networks that result in sales
● can communicate persuasively with diverse stakeholders including leads, customers, team members, partners and managers
● has 6 months of phone sales experience preferably with software or a technical product
● can communicate clearly and precisely
● extremely strong listening skills
● proficiency in online applications, Word, Excel and other office tools.
● disciplined time management
● desire to grow their sales career
● Full time role with flex. Core hours are 9am-3pm during term time.
● A great company culture.
● On target earnings of $130k including Super, with sales commission. This is comprised of a salary of $100k including Super, with an on-target sales-incentive of $30k including Super per year.
● As SchoolTV’s main customers are schools, the successful candidate would have the ability to work school hours for core activities, with their remaining time flexibly throughout the week. Furthermore, there is the potential to take school holidays off (unpaid beyond their accrued leave).
● Location: Melbourne-based, work from home is welcomed or working in the office as it suits you or for collaborative work. But there will be some interstate travel involved, depending on COVID restrictions of course. These will be based on need and whether conferences are happening, however Zoom has been highly effective recently.
● Starting: Flexible January/February Start.
We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
How to apply
If you’re keen to apply and are not already part of our marketplace, please sign up to Beam.
Applying is easy — upload a CV (no more than 3 A4 pages), answer 3 questions and record a 1-minute intro video introducing yourself.
We look forward to meeting you!