Beam is a BCorp and social enterprise which measures our success on impact. This new role in our team will be a key part of growing our impact through our new SaaS product which supports flexible working.
We are driven by our purpose to revolutionise the future of work and this new product will play a significant role in closing the gap between demand and supply of flexible work. Take a moment to find out more about us and what we stand for. Also here!
We have committed to being a flexible employer
There are 3 key areas to consider when designing a flexible role: (1)when (2)where and (3) how work is done. This is how this role gets Beam’s tick of approval for true, sustainable flexibility.
WHEN: Reduced hours & open to non-traditional working hours ♥
WHERE: Remote working ♥
HOW – Commitment to virtual working across team, clients & partners ♥
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and proactive B2B marketing specialist to help us launch and grow our tech platform. A key measure of success for this role is lead generation – we’re looking for someone who loves this side of marketing and has prior experience with measurable results.
You will develop, implement, track and optimise marketing activities for our growing HR Tech company. A key component will be planning, creating and executing our content marketing strategy, including automated marketing execution, social planning, content creation, email marketing and optimising our online presence.
50% of this role is optimising marketing for lead generation – creating engaging content to nurture our leads; and build awareness via social media, EDMs, Facebook and Google Ads
40% is managing the website and sales collateral, ie. building engaging content, pulling together the experts to provide learning experiences via video, slides and blogs. Managing our Squarespace site would be a bonus but not critical
10% is managing the current Beam marketing efforts, which have been set up and are in motion – so it’s more of a maintenance focus.
The primary responsibilities of the role are:
- Lead generation strategy and execution
- Lead nurture strategies and content execution
- Plan and execute all digital marketing, including SEO/SEM, marketing database, email, webinars/events and social media
- Creation and publication of marketing assets in line with marketing plans
- Monitor, adjust and report on effectiveness of digital marketing activities
- Continuous improvement of the usability, design, content and conversion of the website
- Content and copy for website
What do we need?
- Experience marketing a SaaS product will be central to your success in this role
- A high degree of resourcefulness and a real ‘action-taking’ approach to try new things to get messages out there
- Be the steward of our brand as a thought leader in HR and Future of Work, in the digital market
- Our audience is predominantly HR and business leaders. We will need you to engage with our audience to maximise their experience, as well as understand what is/isn’t working and why
- Managing the lead nurture strategy through Hubspot will be integral to the product’s success
- Facebook and Google Ads play an important role in growing our business
- Analytics are critical to optimising our performance each month. Your familiarity with ROI metrics and analysis (eg. google analytics) will be important to provide reports and make iterative recommendations to our leadership team.
- You’ll also need to have used video, email, Canva (or similar) and blogs to engage and grow audiences in the past… the technical editing skills to create these are not necessary (but are a bonus!)
- Finally, you’ll need to thrive in a high growth, small business environment. We are very informal but highly driven to continue to be at the forefront of innovation. The small business mindset is central to your success in this role – marketing is your responsibility, start to finish!
- SaaS B2B Marketing experience – generating new leads and nurturing existing leads
- Content and digital marketing experience
- Strong commercial acumen, with the ability to translate business goals into clear marketing plans and outcomes
- A proven track record of launching and growing a new product
- Know your way around a Content Management System
Bonus skills/experience/interests you may have (one or more – great! None – no worries either)
- Thought leadership, content generation
- Experience in WordPress and/or Squarespace
- Understanding of web dev, UI/UX, any HTML
- Sales collateral design for enterprise / Government market
- PR outreach
The Beam team are people who:
- Are aligned with Beam’s values and ways of working (remote and productive)
- Get things done
- Take the lead on innovation and thought leadership in our space
- Love to learn and try better ways to do things
- Communicate with generosity and empathy
- Share and support each other
- Are happy working independently and autonomously
- Put health and family first
Skill levels and experiences sought
- At least 4 years’ experience in B2B marketing roles with some of that in a SaaS product environment
- Experience with automated marketing and lead nurture strategies
- Creative and proactive with experience in identifying target audiences and devising digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
- Solid knowledge of online marketing tools (like LinkedIn, Google Ads, Google Analytics, Twitter)
- Experience in database management, email communications and digital presence
- Strong content writing skills
- Hours: 3 days/week
- Location: Sydney preferred but we want to find the right person wherever they are in Australia so please apply
- Salary: $90k – $110k including Super FTE, depending on experience
- Commencement date: September
How to apply
If this role looks like you, apply asap. Interviews will be scheduled as soon as great talent arrives.
If you’re keen to apply and are not already part of our marketplace please sign up to Beam.
Applying is easy — upload a CV, answer 3 questions and record a 1-minute intro video so we can get to know you.
The video is not compulsory, but as a business that works remotely we need you to be comfortable working in this way so please take the time to record one and give us some further insight into why you would be great for our role. It does not need to be polished, just the real you!
We look forward to meeting you!