What does it mean to Beam?
At Beam, we’re changing the traditional work model so people can work in the way that suits them – you don’t have to be working 40 hours (and more) a week to make an impact and add real value.
We work with employers to explore the future of work and how to think differently about roles and talent. We then give them access to our marketplace of incredible, high calibre part-time talent, not on the everyday job market.
We are looking for a Marketplace Co-ordinator to join our team and create an outstanding experience for both our Beam employers and talent.
Our marketplace team meets all the talent coming into Beam to find out more about their amazing careers and what they are looking for as their next move. We then bring them into the marketplace where they build their Beam profile and can apply for any of the roles on offer (all scoped for part-time of course!).
This team also works with the employers in the Beam marketplace to take briefs on new roles and ensure they find the best person for their roles as quickly and seamlessly as possible. It’s what we call #matchmade.
As our Marketplace Co-ordinator you will work with both employers and talent to steward roles through the marketplace and create a first class experience. Partnering closely with a Manager in the team you will be responsible for:
- Being the first point of contact for our Beam employers and talent, on both phone and email.
- Helping to onboard talent into the marketplace and make sure they always have someone to talk to – this personal touch is what makes us Beam. We truly care.
- Using Beam’s SmartMatch technology to share new and exciting roles with Beam talent.
- Helping our Beam employers curate a shortlist for interview, and supporting our talent throughout the process with timely updates.
- Posting roles to external sites such as LinkedIn and sharing with our broader networks and partners.
- Helping to resolve any technical questions to ensure a first class and seamless experience.
- Helping to continuously refine our service offering to be the best we can possibly be – everyone in Beam has a say and all ideas are welcome.
What you’ll bring to Beam
We are really excited to hear what you can bring to the team. Here are some of the things we have thought about:
- True passion and drive to make an impact and work for a purpose-led organisation
- A people person through and through, with empathy and understanding
- Really strong communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- A solid working knowledge of the Google Suite
- No fear when it comes to technology and realising what it can help us achieve
- High energy, positivity and strong work ethic
- An agile approach to what needs to be done each day, with an understanding of what it is like to work in a dynamic start-up environment
- A love and respect of process and systems – as a small and mighty team, efficiency is key
- Ability to work fairly autonomously when needed, but also use tech to share info and keep the team informed
- Professional experience – we’re not going to give a minimum as we know roles and organisations appeal to people for many different reasons. This isn’t a first job role though as we do need you to be able to hit the ground running and connect with both talent and employers.
What Beam will bring you:
- A smart, passionate and fun team
- The opportunity to work with innovative clients and some of Australia’s best talent
- A flexible working environment where we encourage forward thinking and nurture ideas
- We promote excellence at all levels in all roles and will work with you to ensure you are given every tool to succeed
- A business that is making a difference, driving change and advocating for all the part-time incredible talent out there
Beam’s culture – is it a fit for you?
We are a fast-paced, high-energy team with brilliantly smart team players. We have set high standards and expectations from employers and talent, which we successfully deliver against. We take lots of pride in what we do.
We are geographically dispersed and many of us choose to work from home so being able to work remotely whilst retaining a strong culture is key. To be successful in this role, you will need to be comfortable with there not being a big office where everyone comes each day – we have a shared space in Sydney that our Sydneysiders use to get together once a week. We think it works well and the whole team certainly have a great bond!
Hours: 24 hours/week (ideally spread across 5 days, but we’re open to making it work for the right person
Location: Sydney. Working from the shared Sydney office (we try to get together on a Thursday) or choose to do some days from home
Salary: Up to $60k including super (full time equivalent).
We are pretty excited about this role and what we can achieve together. If you think you are the person for us and we are the place for you then please apply through Beam here. If this roles sounds great, but for some reason isn’t the one for you then please spread the love.
We will review your CV and then someone from the team will be in touch regarding next steps which will be a short video telling us:
- Why Beam and this role excites you
- Why you’ll be great as our Marketplace Co-ordinator
- And a little insight into you as a person…
…but we can talk more about that later.