Drool by Dr Chris Brown is the result of many years of research, loving pets and wanting to create a better life for pets and their owners. This growing Pet brand focuses on making healthier products with ingredients to make our furry friends lives better.
Founded by Dr Chris, this team of pet loving legends are on a mission to grow the better for pet space, and offer more natural, honest pet products into the market – because we know our mates deserve the best.
Beginning with Pet treats and developing quickly into other categories, Drool is using science and a commitment to education to a new level. Drool is developing new and progressive products, and taking real, quality ingredients seriously. Whilst the business of doing things better is serious, as a team we want to have fun with our mates along the way.
Our Culture and Way of Working
Gone are the days where we must arrive at an office at 9am to get our jobs done, Drool has a flexible and innovative approach to getting great work done. We are a fully remote team, so working from the comfort of your own home (maybe alongside you little furry friend) is just how we role, and getting stuff done to make pets lives better is the goal.
We are open to many ways of working, whether that is part time, contract or full-time, so would rather meet the right people and see how they can help, than be restricted by a job description (although we have tried to outline one!)
We choose attitude over experience, innovation over data and are searching for people who are obsessed with understanding and supporting our pets, and will do anything to get the result.
We are small with big aspirations, so all of our team members need to know how to switch from high level strategic thinking to getting their hands dirty and doing to basics. We need smart executors, who can pave the way for exceptional growth, and in return we’ll give you autonomy, creative licence and the ability to dream big for the sake of the pets we love.
The Drool brand has been building over multiple years, with Chris at the helm, and now we need a talented and creative Sales & Marketing talent to help us execute our growth.
We need someone with a strong grasp on digital and content development, and who has a natural flare for creative direction, and who is also savvy with go to market launch plans involving omni-channel execution.
You’ll be able to work creatively to bring concepts to life to drive product and brand sales, as well as be results driven, working alongside retailers to help with compelling and impactful launch plans. You’ll be a strong support with retailer relationship, and also manage the stakeholders who bring the brand to life – PR, graphic design, web development teams etc.
This role will help set up the Brand and Growth of the Drool business, working alongside agency, the founder and the Ops and Brand senior team to execute a content plan for retail and online. You’ll help manage promotional plans and strategies to drive growth linking smart creative and branding with ways to get the product off shelf and in the houses of amazing pets.
- Key Account Management- collaborating with our retailers and ensuring best in class execution and performance.
- Trade Marketing- activation of marketing and sales programs in partnership with retailers.
- Brand Management- executing core activity and feeding in to the wider brand strategy.
- Digital Strategy- ownership of the digital ecosystem and working closely with operations on executing the D2C launch.
- Social Media- focus on NPD launch social strategy and day to day moderation.
- Content Development- including management of photoshoots, and delivery of key assets.
- Influencer Management- including outreach, ongoing communications and collating UGC.
Skills and Experience
- Experience in Brand roles of a similar nature taking concepts to market.
- You are commercial, you understand trade and how to bring to life the best results in driving products in multiple channels.
- Experience and results alongside both retail and online sales development.
- Strong experience managing stakeholders in retail, agency and PR.
- Digital acumen – you know how to manage internal channels to get the best impact and conversion.
- You can support and execute a content plan, bringing concepts to life as digital assets.
- You’ve got strong experience in copy development and writing, to support the execution of content across blog, EDM and other web formats.
- Experience in graphic design/ content development a bonus.
- Location: Melbourne-based preferred (as the majority of our team are based there), but we welcome all applications from anywhere in Australia!
- Days/hours: This is a 3 day a week role; however, we are a growing business so there’s potential for the role to expand and develop for the right candidate.
- Start date: The beginning of October (ideally!)
How to Apply
If this role looks like you, apply asap! Interviews will be scheduled as soon as great talent applies.
If you’re keen to apply and are not already part of our marketplace please sign up to Beam.
Applying is easy — upload a CV, answer 3 questions and record a 1-minute intro video so we can get to know you.
The video is not compulsory, but gives us some further insight into why you would be great for our role. It does not need to be polished, just the real you.
We look forward to meeting you!