Vennu is Australia’s leading booking marketplace for community spaces. We are bringing the thousands of community spaces that are abundant across Australia online. Think Airbnb .. but for community spaces. We make it easier for guests to find and book spaces for all types of events, and make it easier for community spaces to manage their enquiries and bookings.
We are looking for an inspiring and experienced Business Development Manager to join our team.
We are a small team of dedicated and experienced people that enjoy working in a startup with a ‘for purpose’ proposition. We all work part time with flexible hours and believe that work needs be project or results driven rather than set hours.
Who are you?
- An experienced inbound/outbound sales agent
- You love sales, love a challenge and excel in ambiguous environments
- A solid communicator who delivers the highest level of customer service at all times
- Capable of working independently, and as part of a team
- Experienced in managing multiple clients at once and have the ability to prioritise your workload
- A self-starter who has impeccable organisational skills
- A process-driven team player who is able to build strong relationships with clients, customers and stakeholders alike
What you’ll do
- Develop strategies and plans to grow our host community
- Manage email and phone correspondence with hosts and potential hosts, answering queries and following up to secure the host/listing
- Manage new host enquiries whilst coaching current hosts through the sales process
- Create and follow up on host proposals, prioritised by the most desirable listings
- Convert inbound sales leads to listed spaces
- Complete post-listing follow up with hosts to accurately record wins and areas for improvement
- Manage a variety of relationships including hosts, potential hosts, member organisation stakeholders and others
- Ensure that our venue descriptions and data is current
- Proactively find new venues and opportunities for Vennu
How we measure performance
Business Development KPIs will include but are not limited to:
- Number of listings launched on the platform per month
- Number of new hosts signed up per month
- Number of listings per host
- Ensure outstanding customer service is delivered to internal and external clients always
- Actively contribute to Vennu’s growth
- This role is 2-3 days/week so let’s chat about how this looks for you
- We all get together in The Start Up Hub above Wynyard every Monday
- The rest of the time its work from home (or wherever you choose!)
- $90k full time equivalent inc super, plus OTE of 10-15k
If this is the role for you, we would love to see you apply ASAP.