Beam is delighted to present our first role with American express, who are offering part-time flexibility in return for great talent. Not surprising, given their high employee satisfaction ratings and their many workplace awards! American Express is consistently recognised as a great place to work by people around the world, and as a top employer for women and diversity.
They are currently recruiting for a Business Development Executive who will be responsible for driving acquisition within the Small Business Segment. The role is accountable for acquiring high value customers (over the phone) and ensuring that they are sold on to the most appropriate product to drive billings and customer satisfaction.
This is a brilliant opportunity for someone who has a strong background in B2B sales, account management and business development who is wanting to develop their career within a global brand whilst working towards transparent and achievable sales targets. Full training & support is provided, and this is your opportunity to work with some inspirational leaders who genuinely care about your career growth and work-life balance.
Principal Accountabilities include:
- Prospecting for new customers through existing leads and cold calling and maximising lead generation
- Timely execution of all sales activities – leads, campaigns, referrals & any self-generated leads
- Tracking and reporting sales performance including pipeline, acquisition results and market conditions
- Researches and understands prospects before making the call
- Use online CRM tool (salesforce.com) to source leads
- Drive the on-boarding of new customers and initiates spend enablement activities
- Attend relevant industry and partner conferences, tradeshows and networking events
Skills and qualifications required:
- Consultative selling experience (proven track-record of meeting and exceeding sales goals)
- Proven current or past experience in acquisition sales (phone and/or F2F)
- Excellent oral and written communication, relationship building experience in developing and executing successful sales strategies
- Excellent planning skills and territory management skills
- Ability to engage and gain commitment effectively across all communication platforms (via telephone, email & face to face)
- Strong Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel skills
American Express is a proud sponsor of The Women’s Interest Network (WIN) Australia, which is an employee network with a focus on inspiring, developing and engaging female employees at American Express towards reaching their professional and personal goals. Each year, WIN provides a program of activities and events including executive leadership forums, VP roundtables, group mentoring and philanthropic pursuits to give back to the community.
- Package: On Target Earnings of $105k Full Time Equivalent, which will be pro-rated for the hours worked
- Sales targets will be pro-rated for the hours worked
- Flexibility to work from home one day per week is offered for people who are onboarded and performing
- A fantastic team where we work towards collaborative outcomes and enjoy our work!
If you’re excited about this opportunity, we’d love to hear from you. Please apply here through Beam with your cover letter detailing why your experience, skills and career ambitions make you a great candidate.