We’re here to help mums in business, do business. Across Australia, there are hundreds of thousands of small businesses run by mums. But when you’re doing it alone, it’s not easy to succeed. That’s where we come in. Our vision is to inspire women to realise success in their businesses and their lives by creating Australia’s most connected and empowered community of mums in business.
We do this by providing members access to networking opportunities, educational content, business services and exclusive third-party supplier deals to grow their businesses.
We believe in family first, achieving business well-being and supporting others to succeed. We have a highly engaged community of thousands that we’re really proud of! We are passionate about bringing them together to be stronger as individuals, through our collective approach.
Mums & Co is backed by IAG. 2019 will be a big year and we need to bring in new capability to get us there!
Mums & Co has big growth plans, and monetising our offering will be the key enabler to our aspirations. So we’re looking for an experienced sales professional to drive revenue outcomes through three channels: referrals, content and events sponsorship. You will work closely with Carrie, the co-founder of Mums & Co.
You will also partner closely with the Partnerships manager… in fact, you may feel you are able to do both roles. We are open to this, so please check out the other role on Beam if so and mention this in your cover letter.
You will own the revenue outcomes for Mums & Co for referrals, content and events sponsorship. The stakeholders you’ll be selling to are CEOs/Marketing/Sponsorship Managers of companies which provide services and products targeted at small business owners. We currently offer preferred suppliers such as legal services, HR, Marketing etc and are looking to build commercial arrangements to link to their services.
- Achieve Sales Targets and provide insights on key metrics which are driving success
- Develop a strong Sales Plan for Mums & Co to achieve its revenue targets
- Generate sales leads for referrals, content and events sponsorship
- Manage event sponsorship for the major annual Mums & Co conference
- Manage the Sales Plan – testing and iterating on the strategy ongoing
- Effectively manage your sales pipeline, with accurate forecasting
- Put Sales systems and processes into place which will help drive efficiency and effectiveness in the role
- Work closely with the strategic partnerships manager, events manager and other marketing team members
Success in this role will be measured by:
- Revenue targets achieved
- The health of the weighted Sales Pipeline
- Meeting activity
- Referrals revenue
- Content revenue
- Event sponsorship revenue
We’re looking for someone who loves to build a business through sales, who loves to launch new offerings and take them to market, and who loves hitting sales goals!
To be successful in this role, you’ll need:
- A track record of strong sales performance
- Strong experience in business development – with related products / services
- Experience working in a membership based business and demonstrated experience in delivering revenue preferred
- Proven ability selling to the stakeholders who you would be selling to in this role
- The energy to hunt for new sales, with the urgency and hustle that a start-up needs!
- Experience in, and a desire to be, the face of the business in a sales role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A desire to scope out small and large businesses to understand their needs and propose our solutions
- Strong capability to put together well crafted proposals which are tailored, polished and professional
- An ability to manage the pipeline, clients and growth opportunities autonomously
- A genuine desire to work in a start-up environment, with a first-hand understanding of all that entails! You’ll need creativity, hustle to move at a fast-pace with the business, a can-do attitude and ability to thrive in an innovative, dynamic culture
- 20 hours per week, we don’t mind when
- Permanent part-time
- Salary: $80k + Super, Full Time Equivalent + a performance related bonus plan
- Location: Sydney CBD and wherever your partnership meetings are!
If you’d like to join this start-up journey and believe you can take this mandate on, please apply here through Beam with your cover letter which just clearly addresses these three questions:
- What achievements in your work give you the most joy?
- What makes you an excellent business development manager?
- What impact do you want to have in this role?
We will be meeting candidates as soon as we see strong applications coming through and may close applications before the advertised end date. So raise your hand! We can’t wait to meet you.
Related Jobs (5)
Sales & Marketing Manager | Melbourne | Part time, 3-4 days on February 21, 2019 Permanent Part Time
Partnerships Manager | Mums & Co | Sydney | Part-time: 20 hours/week on February 17, 2019 Permanent Part Time
Sales Capability Coach | Melbourne | Part time 3 days (closed) on December 10, 2018 Permanent Part Time