At Smartgroup we are passionate about people, that’s why we are recognised as one of Australia’s leading and most reputable providers of Employee Management Services nationwide.
We are an award winning ASX listed corporation and our mission is to partner with Australian employers to simplify salary packaging, novated leasing, fleet management, share plan administration and payroll services. Through our network and our people, we have established a reputation as a trusted partner to our customers.
As a Business Development Manager, you will build/maintain a pipeline of prospect clients, drive and own the sales cycle from the hunt to contract execution, and enable Smartgroup to grow their client portfolio and novated lease sales.
Your key responsibilities are to:
- Utilise strategic insight to formulate / compliment the business development strategy for my segment
- Consistently develop and maintain prospect lists in my segment
- Facilitate a high level of prospecting phone calls to consistently secure new business appointments, and to progress opportunities to the next face-to-face meeting
- Maintain a high level of infield activity with prospective clients, ensuring a strong mix of brand new business at the same time as progressing opportunities at various stages of the cycle
- Engage senior stakeholders in prospective accounts in a strategic and consultative process that creates value and impetus to change supply
- Nurture decision makers through a long sales cycle, building relationships at both decision-maker and operational influencer level
- Deliver strategic, quality presentations that target prospect objectives and demonstrate our unique value propositions, driving our products and services and resulting in subsequent meetings and sales
- Expertly influence the development of tender and RFP requests through relationships with decision makers, shaping the core criteria to our advantage in advance of release
- Proactively identify cross sell opportunities and work with stakeholders of other brands/business units
- Capture detailed intelligence throughout the sales cycle in Salesforce, and regularly communicate significant developments to my manager and the business
- Oversee the handover of the prospect to the implementation team and CRM/Employer Support team, ensuring a seamless experience for both parties
- Collaborate internally
- Participate in industry events to network with target market and engage new prospects
Skills and Experience
Ideally, you are able to bring the following to the role:
- Proven experience in new business development including RFP and tender processes
- Experience solving complex customer queries
- Experience in selling to C-level
- Demonstrated accountability and follow through to cultivate both short term and long term relationships
- Experience with individual sales lead generation and working as part of a larger sales team
- Strong verbal & written communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to explain complex information in a concise manner
- Diverse communication skills to relate to people from all backgrounds and abilities
- Excellent influencing skills and business acumen
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Proven ability to demonstrate initiative, problem solve and deliver sales results/revenue growth
- Capacity to use multiple technology systems at an intermediate level
Why is a career with us the Smart choice?
- Smartgroup is an Employer of Choice for Gender Equality 2019-20
- Inclusive Employer 2019 – 2020 as recognised by Diversity Council Australia
- We invest in your personal development and career aspirations
- We are summer loving with extra days of leave
- Our range of perks include birthday leave, flex work, a well-being fund and much more!
- Location: Our offices are based in Sydney’s CBD. Whilst we’d like you to come in on a regular basis (post lockdown), we do we offer WFH options.
- Days/hours: 30 hours a week. Flexible on days – whatever works for you!
- Start date: As soon as possible!
How To Apply
If you’re keen to apply and are not already part of our marketplace please sign up to Beam.
If this role looks like you, apply asap! Interviews will be scheduled as soon as great talent applies.
Applying is easy — upload a CV, answer 3 questions and record a 1-minute intro video so we can get to know you.
The video is not compulsory, but gives us some further insight into why you would be great for our role. It does not need to be polished, just the real you.
We look forward to meeting you!
Smartgroup is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. All suitably qualified applicants will receive equal and fair consideration for employment. Applicants who identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander are actively encouraged to apply. All potentially successful candidates will be required to complete background checks which will include a police clearance prior to confirmation of employment.