What do we do at Spark Strategy?
We’re a BCorp company that combines commerciality with social good. We’re a consulting agency for strategic thinking, transformation and sustained action. We believe ideas spark brighter futures and we’re about unearthing these ideas and bringing them to life. As strategic advisors, we work with Not for Profits, Government and Corporates to unleash their potential, to transform them and the societies in which they live. We have a strong social driver to what we do, using our knowledge, capabilities and experience to support NFPs to move towards sustainability. We also work with Corporates, Philanthropists and Government on profit for purpose business models. Some of our core services include business model innovation, strategy development and planning, operating model excellence and workshop facilitation. We are a smallish team of passionate and clever people. We love what we do, who we work with internally, and the great clients we get to help.
What is the role?
Spark is a growing consulting firm that delivers a unique brand of advisory. As we grow, we need a creative and solutions-focused business development specialist who will play a critical role in business development sales pipeline management and take the lead in business development. This role will manage all aspects of the sales pipeline from prospecting/lead generation, through to proposal writing and managing the sales process through to closure, in conjunction with a consulting lead.
Meeting new clients and people is an integral part of our culture and this role will help us get more efficient and effective in following up any opportunities that arise. Essentially, we need someone who will rev up business development within our organisation by supporting the Associate Directors and Managing Director to do more face-to-face meetings. This means you will handle the pre- and post- tasks and know where all the prospects are in the pipeline… moving them through the sales process.
This role includes early stage business development like prospecting potential clients, building target lists, researching companies and finding a ‘hook’, through to writing proposals, tender and panel submissions. It also entails managing the sales pipeline, including CRM software and reporting, as well as crafting background materials for the Directors to take to sales meetings.
You will work closely with the marketing coordinator, project teams and Directors to ensure all leads generated in the delivery and marketing process are followed up fully. As a creative thinker, you will also have the opportunity to design and implement sales campaigns aimed to generate interest in our organisation, and meetings with the Directors.
If you are interested in joining our growing consulting firm which delivers a unique brand of advisory, and using your creative flair, we invite you to apply for this role. The role sits within our dynamic, non-hierarchical team, with direct access to our MD and Associates, as well as C-level leaders around Australia (see client examples at our website www.sparkstrategy.com.au).
What are we looking for?
- At least 1-2 years of your professional experience has been in consulting or professional services, with advisory disciplines looked upon favorably (perhaps you started your sales career with a professional services firm and are now looking to work with a company that makes a real difference?)
- Experience in Sales Operations or Business Development, including lead generation, pipeline management and sales experience – this is essential
- Strong client communications – you will be dealing with CEOs and other C-Suite executives, or the Board / Chairperson. You need to have the ability to nurture these types of relationships, in order for the Directors to secure meetings.
- To write effective proposals and email communications, you need to write really well. And to bring your business acumen to crafting great proposals.
- An understanding of, and exposure to, software tools such as Microsoft 365, Pipedrive (or another CRM), Dropbox, Hubspot, Mailchimp, Canva etc
- Thrive when you’re identifying business opportunities and building strong relationships
- Experience in proposal writing and tender submissions
- An “eye for detail”. We’ll be relying on you to ensure nothing slips through the cracks!
- Interest and passion for supporting NFP and social business
Personal traits we value
As a small team, in everything we do we support each other and want to find someone that will fit into our culture and represent to our clients our unique brand and approach. Personal traits we look for:
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Professionally presented and articulate
- Think outside the box
- Attention to detail
- Can pick up processes quickly
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Flexible, friendly and focused
- Enthusiastic and proactive
- Commitment to improvement
- Thrives in a team-focused environment
What’s the deal?
- Part-time – total 24 hours per week which can be spread across multiple days or 3 full days
- Salary – $54,000 including Super for the 24 hours (this is the equivalent of $90k full time equivalent, including Super)
- Location – South Melbourne in the office
- Starting – when you’re ready
Please apply here through Beam if this looks like an opportunity made for you. Along with your CV, please provide a 1 page cover letter, telling us briefly how your skills and experience match the role requirements, and also addressing these 4 questions…
- What do you love about your craft of business development?
- What makes you an excellent sales professional?
- Why do you think this role is so important to Spark Strategy and our sector?
- Why do you want to join the Spark Strategy team?
We’re looking forward to meeting you!
Related Jobs (5)
Sales & Marketing Manager | Melbourne | Part time, 3-4 days on February 21, 2019 Permanent Part Time
Partnerships Manager | Mums & Co | Sydney | Part-time: 20 hours/week on February 17, 2019 Permanent Part Time
Sales Capability Coach | Melbourne | Part time 3 days (closed) on December 10, 2018 Permanent Part Time