Chapman Eastway is a professional services, business and family advisory practice. We are proud of our rich history of 120 years, our grounded approach, starting as a stocking station, and our wonderful High Net Worth clients whose relationships we value highly.
We are a team of 45 people, including 5 partners and growing. We are nimble in how we approach things which lends itself to part time flexible work!
We have a flat structure, where our teams works across partners. Our systems and processes are quite bespoke, as our services require analytical thinking and to be flexible in our approach.
We are accredited as an employer of choice with STEP (society of trust and estate practitioners), due to the learning and development and mentoring support we provide (one of only a few in Australia).
We are focused on social responsibility initiatives and have a public ancillary fund. Many of our clients are philanthropically focused.
This is a new role, created in order to free up the partners’ time and provide more guidance to our teams. We have designed this role to provide a great, meaty part-time opportunity.
We are looking for a manager level accountant who can manage a client portfolio independently, is CA certified and is interested in client liaison as well as project work like managing internal business growth initiatives.
This person will work across our client services team as a floating resource, acting between the Partners and more junior team members.
Your major responsibilities
- Onboarding new client groups
- Client Advisory Assignments including client interactions to review their affairs, estate planning, succession planning, asset protection, intergenerational wealth transfer, business profit improvement strategies, business and family budgeting and cash flow, group entity restructuring, asset acquisition or exit advisory, and tax advisory.
- Managing the team’s performance as a coach or covering manager
- Overseeing Taxation / Compliance Work and preparing papers / statements when capacity requires, including tax returns for individuals and businesses, financial statements, BAS/IAS’s, FBT returns, attending to queries and reviewing the final work done by the team.
- Putting our clients first always!
Skills and experience you’ll need
- Very strong communication skills
- Deep experience providing advice to High Net Worth Individuals / Private Clients
- Strong tax skills as there is often a tax overlay
- Team management and collaboration
- Experience managing your own client book
- CA qualified with 7+ yrs experience
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills
- The ability to be agile and manage workflows (work across partners)
- The desire and ability to operate very autonomously
- We are flexible! 3-4 days or 5 days school hours / otherwise reduced hours
- Salary – Between $120k and $165k including Super Full Time Equivalent depending on experience
- Location – Sydney CBD
- Role – Permanent Part-Time
Invitation to apply
We are looking for excellent people to join our team. And we are big on flexibility! Although we are more than 120 years old and have a rich culture with clients who are even 6th generation, we are innovative when it comes to our people practices and go to great lengths to ensure our team are happy, love their work and the way they work.
Apply here through Beam telling us why your experience is suited to this particular role, what you can personally bring to our business and why you’d love to join the team at Chapman Eastway.
Related Jobs (6)
Director, Risk & Regulation | PwC | Sydney or Melbourne | 3-4 days per week on September 12, 2018
Commercial Director | Sydney | 3-4 days (Applications closed) on August 20, 2018 Permanent Part Time
Senior Manager Advice Policy | Sydney | 4 days on July 2, 2018