Bishop Collins is a full service chartered accounting firm with offices located in Sydney and the Central Coast. We have a client service delivery focus and we are experiencing rapid growth in our client base.(www.bishopcollins.com.au) . We have a team of 34 professional staff.
The role is a contract role and involves working with and supporting a number of business services managers with varying levels of experience to meet client service standards in terms of timeline and quality.
Responsible for reviewing each client groups annual compliance file, prior to Director sign off, addressing the following key items:
- Key risks identified at the planning staged have been appropriately addressed.
- Review tax reconciliations.
- Review areas of common non-compliance.
- Key recommendations to be identified.
- Meet deadlines in respect of time booked for review.
- Work closely with Client Relationship Manager (CRM) to ensure timely delivery of service to Bishop Collins clients.
- Membership of Institute of Chartered Accountant in Australia or equivalent.
- Minimum 10 years relevant experience in Chartered Accounting firm.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Broad understanding of Australian Income Tax law principles (including CGT and FBT) and ability to review complex tax calculations and income tax returns for individuals, partnerships, trusts and companies. Also ability to advise in relations to queries they may have in relation to their tax affairs and identify tax issues associated with client files which may require further advice
- Detailed understanding of Australian Goods & Services Tax law.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong computer literacy including the ability to apply new developments in the utilisation of technology.
- Demonstration of commitment to the firm through meeting expectations of integrity and professionalism.
- Flexible working hours. We estimate there will be 380 hrs of work per annum.
- Flexible location. Focus is on delivery. Once you have the chance to meet our team you can then work remotely to complete each assignment.
- Remuneration is based on file reviews completed and an hourly rate of $100.
How to apply
If this role looks like you, apply asap. Interviews will be scheduled as soon as great talent arrives.
If you’re keen to apply and are not already part of our marketplace please sign up to Beam. Applying is easy — upload a CV, answer 3 questions and record a 1-minute intro video so we can get to know you.
We look forward to meeting you!