Snack like you mean it.
PURABON started as a state of mind. It started with that little switch that happens in so many peoples’ lives where they realise that suddenly, they care about how they treat their bodies.
Founder Nicole O’Brien has always led a healthy lifestyle. But it wasn’t until she married and had children of her own that she realised how fulfilling it can be to share that lifestyle with the people around her. So, she set the Kitchenaid to full-throttle and started making batches of her own protein and probiotic balls to change her household snack game. Fast forward a few months, throw in meticulous ingredient mixing, recipe planning, and the ultimate taste test – family and friends. They came, they ate, they loved … and Nicole knew she was onto something.
She describes PURABON as a health company—not simply high-quality foods, but a culture that can build a new lifestyle. That feeling Nicole got from sharing her creations has always stayed with her. To her, it’s about making her snacks get to the mouths of everyone. Because once they have it, they’ll love it.
And when she says everyone, she means it. PURABON is now stocked in every city in Australia, and has spanned globally to Japan, Norway, and Singapore.
For Nicole it was never about luck or coincidence to create the perfect product— no corners were ever cut. It’s about sourcing the best matcha, the best peanuts, the best sulphate-free apricots … and the best of the rest. It’s the ultimate passion for all-natural goodness to fuel a healthy lifestyle.
Every step she’s taken has been taken with a purpose. PURABON is here not just to reshape the way we snack, but to reshape the way we think about our lives.
We’re a small team of what will be 5 people when you join. We’re growing quickly, so we need the best minds to help us grow, and people who enjoy rolling up their sleeves and being part of a small business that gets things done.
What’s the role?
With growth, we need someone to run the office day-to-day and to be the first port of call for client enquiries. Our clients are the wonderful cafés, gourmet grocers, supermarkets and stores who need to order more of our products.
We need someone experienced and confident enough to organise the rest of the team, and humble and open-minded enough to learn all about our sector, our business and to help us grow.
It is really important that you believe in our purpose – that you can relate to our products and why people love it.
Your approach and energy will be critical to maintaining a great culture and work environment… we’ll be relying on you!
Some of the key responsibilities are:
- Being the first point of contact and the face of PURABON, including responding to all enquiries, and meeting and greeting visitors to the factory
- Client service and sales support, including onboarding, trouble-shooting and account reconciliation
- Business administration, including order processing and dispatch, document management
- Bookkeeping, including accounts payable and receivable, and payroll
- Liaising with suppliers, including account set up, ordering and payments
- Coordinating sales activity of sales team members
- Creating new processes, policies and procedures to help us grow
- Support with organising events, giveaways and sponsorship activities
- Supporting the Executive team with projects or ad hoc business support
What skills and experience will you need to be great at this role?
- Adaptability! As a small business, we need you to wear many hats and to embrace opportunities as they present themselves. Things can change quickly so it’s important you thrive in that type of environment.
- We need you to take initiative and make suggestions for how we can improve. You’re a key part of the business.
- Strong experience as an office manager and / or client support person
- Knowledge of all administrative responsibilities, systems and procedures outlined above
- High proficiency in Ms Office including intermediate to advanced skills in Excel
- Bookkeeping or basic accounting experience
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to multitask and re-prioritise quickly
- Strong attention to detail – this is really important
- Problem-solving skills and a creative mind
- Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment but equally able to use initiate and create work in the quiet times
- Able to work autonomously as well as being able to work as part of a team
What’s the deal?
- Part-time – 4 days or 30 hours across 5 days
- Salary – $88k including Super, full time equivalent
- Location – Mount Waverley, Melbourne, in the office
- Starting – when you’re ready
Please apply here through Beam if this looks like an opportunity and work environment you’d love. Along with your CV, please provide a 1 page cover letter, telling us briefly how your skills and experience match the role requirements, and also addressing these 3 questions…
- What makes you excellent at your profession?
- Why do you think this role is so important to PURABON?
- Why do you want to join PURABON?
We’re looking forward to meeting you!