Beam’s client is an ethical FMCG organisation which supports female empowerment. They are a wholly-owned organisation of 12 people, embarking on a new growth phase.
Looking to the future, the business is aiming for significant growth both domestically and overseas, in current and future categories. To achieve this the business is looking for a capable and dynamic CEO to lead this next phase of growth. They have a very strong leadership team who can execute on the business and continue to grow the current business.
There are three areas which will be critical to getting right with this important role:
– Nurturing a high performing team
– Adopting an empowering leadership style
– Keeping an SME mindset of adaptability and finding disruptive ways to achieve outcomes
– Keeping people and the planet at the forefront
– Having fun and keeping a positive mindset along the way!
STRONG CAPABILITY TO POWER GROWTH
The business is looking to bring in capability which will drive successful expansion into international markets and new products, while building a solid base in core markets & products. This will require us a scale up in our production, distribution and team.
We are looking for demonstrated experience in:
– Leading through high growth and change
– It would be beneficial if you had seen a business scale first-hand
– Initiating and negotiating commercial contracts which facilitate international distribution
– Strong financial and risk governance
– Transition to different organisational structures
Given the growth aspirations of the business, the CEO position requires a varied skill set and strategic business leadership to motivate and inspire. We also require these key capabilities as a foundation:
– Financially competent
– Understand the critical importance of brand
– Open to learning and leading a mission-led business
– Contract manufacturing and supply chain implications
– Negotiation skills
– Ability to work cohesively with a Leadership Team of 5 senior team members
– FMCG experience preferable but not mandatory
The CEO is to lead the vision and drive the strategy to deliver our company aspiration to grow 10x in the next 5 years.
Responsibilities involve active leadership, problem solving, and rolling up your sleeves to guide and support all functions of the business including:
o Branded Marketing
o New product development
o Supply chain through off-shore contract manufacturers
o Supplier relationship building
o Financial management of a self-funded SME
o Sales management through our network of Australian customers including Coles, Woolworths, Chemist Warehouse, Priceline, Distributors and E-Commerce channels
o Impact activation and communication
o Risk management
o People and culture leadership
o Export development
o Governance with the Board
If you would like to find out more information about this role and company, please speak with the Beam Team.