Purpose of the role
With The WSU going through so much growth, this is a new role whose primary purpose is to undertake commercial activities across the Division including establishment, negotiation and management of alliance arrangements, large construction contracts and complex commercial arrangements. We have a substantial property development portfolio, capital works and information technology environment with more to be initiated next year.
You’ll need experience with commercial management and structuring large complex deals and alliances; contract establishment and management, etc. We need someone who:
- Can work independently
- Has very strong stakeholder engagement experience
- Potentially has a legal background or equivalent practical contract drafting experience
- Has advanced negotiation capabilities
This role reports to Carol Simpson, who is responsible for Strategy and Business Development and is also a Beamer working 4 days a week. Of the working environment at WSU, Carol says “the Uni is in a really exciting growth phase. We have an ability to add value in an evolving space. This environment suits someone who is keen on a dynamic change environment and collaborates well with others. We are lifting up the flexibility culture and the environment too. There is a lot of cool strategic stuff to do. We’re building the team to bring new capability to meet the requirements.”
- Part time: 4 days per week
- 6 month fixed term contract to begin, with the potential to go permanent
- Location: the beautiful Hawkesbury campus in Richmond, Sydney (30 mins from Bella Vista for instance, with car-parking!)
Please apply here soonest through Beam, with your Cover Letter addressing your experience in this area and what capabilities you’ll bring. We welcome all applicants who bring these capabilities to the role.
About Western Sydney University
The Western Sydney University is a major urban university spread over six campuses in Greater Western Sydney, a region of great opportunity, diversity, challenge and growth. The University has a strong connection to Greater Western Sydney, working with its communities and businesses to contribute to the region’s growth. The University is culturally diverse, with 2,500 staff and 40,000 students drawn from Australia and around the world.
The University strategic plan, ‘Securing Success: 2015-2020 Strategic Plan’, articulates the University’s values and commitments of being:
1) A Distinctively Student-Centred University
2) A Research-Led University with Regional, National and Global Impact
3) A Unique Learning Experience that is Innovative, Flexible and Responsive
4) An Expanding International Reach and Reputation
5) A Leading Advocate and Champion for the Greater Western Sydney Region and its People
6) A Dynamic and Innovative Culture that Secures Success.
The Division of Finance and Resources is headed by the Vice-President (Finance and Resources) who reports to the Vice-Chancellor and President. The Division comprises:
- Office of Finance
- Information Technology & Digital Services
- Strategic Procurement and Services
- Office of Estate and Commercial
- Project Management Office
This is a cross-business unit role across facilities, property and commercial areas.