About ACES Group
ACES Group — short for Australian Concert and Entertainment Security — is a large employer (<500FTE) of permanent and casual service employees (primarily security), in public place, entertainment, cultural and commercial workplaces.
We lead innovation in service delivery and offer cutting-edge solutions with emerging technologies
including robotics and ArAustralian Concert and Entertainment Securitytificial Intelligence.
About the role
Our requirement for a Commercial Lawyer has increased due to business growth and our ongoing
success securing large security contracts, along with the commercialisation of our AI-based
technology solutions to global markets.
The permanent part-time role available involves using a range of legal, negotiation and
management skills to expertly support and advise the executive management team. The role
offers flexible hours and the ability to work from home with a 25-hour weekly commitment.
The ideal candidate for this role
● Experience in-house
● Experience working with tech start-ups (nice to have)
● An understanding of blue-collar industry (nice to have).
Must-have skills and qualifications
● Admitted as a solicitor in one or more States in Australia (or equivalent qualifications
from overseas and taking steps to be admitted in Australia)
● 7+ years legal experience in general commercial law
● Ability to provide commercially focused legal support
● Excellent knowledge and understanding of corporate law and procedures
● Demonstrated ability to create legal defensive or proactive strategies
● High degree of professional ethics and integrity
● Sound judgement and ability to analyse situations and information
● Excellent drafting skills
● Excellent negotiation skills
● Excellent written and verbal communications skills with ability to communicate to people
in a range of positions
● Project management skills
● Ability to manage competing priorities and escalations
● Ability to work autonomously.
What’s the deal?
● Salary: $170k Full Time Equivalent (including Super)
● Permanent part-time, 25 hours a week, including the possibility to work school hours
● A mix of home and office work. Office location: Redfern
How to apply
Please apply here through Beam. In your cover letter, please briefly tell us how your skills and experience match the role
requirements and address these three questions:
● What do you love about being a Commercial Lawyer?
● Why do you want to join the ACES Group team?
● What impact do you want to have in this role?
We look forward to meeting you!