Many of us don’t realise that pathogens in shrimp production cause $6B of global loss per annum. We at Genics are a newly formed AgTech startup tackling global prawn farming biosecurity head on.
Via our proprietary smart detection system, we significantly cut testing costs for prawn farmers and transform how shrimp diseases are managed globally. Founded by veteran Australian scientists, we’re on a mission to create a new era in pathogen detection.
We have a tight knit and highly collaborative team and are looking for people as passionate as we are to grow our business and make impact on a global scale.
What we’re looking for
We are looking for a creative, resourceful, and organised communications pro to join our growing start-up. As our first communications hire, you will play a key role in defining our marketing strategy and promoting our brand.
You’re up with the latest digital marketing and media monitoring tools (we are heavy users of LinkedIn for marketing purposes), you’re not afraid of experimentation, and are just as happy drafting content as you are in strategic planning discussions.
You’re excited by the opportunity to build this part of our business from the ground up, and don’t mind rolling up your sleeves to make it happen. You will be reporting to our CEO, Melony Sellars.
- Plan, create, and oversee the design, content, and production of marketing and communications materials:
- Develop and produce high-quality, informative, and interesting press releases, press kits, and related materials.
- Develop content for social media, websites, newsletters, press releases and any other distribution channels.
- Identify media and press opportunities.
- LinkedIn and Facebook account management including post creation, managing connection invitations and first point of contact for inbound sales queries.
- Create presentations, articles, reports, and information for internal and external use.
- Develop budgets, deadlines, objectives, and schedules for your area of responsibility.
- Develop weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual media activity reports.
- Prepare tender responses and grant applications.
- Update and utilise the Genics CRM to identify key areas of marketing and new lead generation.
Technical skills / qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, journalism, business, or related field
- Minimum six years of experience in communications, PR, or related field
- Experience in managing websites, online content, e-marketing and social media
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including strong copywriting and content creation skills
- Creative development experience, including graphic design and knowledge of the Adobe and Microsoft creative suite
- Ability to conceptualise, write, curate and build corporate, promotional, web and social media videos independently
- Experience in grant and tender writing and/or the production of reports
- Experience developing outside-the-box ideas for social media
- Experience dealing with media enquiries and general relations
- The occasional national and international travel may be required
Our people and culture underpin our success in delivering excellent end to end solutions for our clients. We are guided by our values and seek to be global leaders in the delivery of high quality data and customised solutions.
Our people bring a diverse and creative mix of skills, and together we are motivated by our enthusiasm to deliver food security and sustainability to our world. We believe we can transform farming practices globally by helping farmers better understand and mitigate risks from pathogens in culture systems.
- Location: Brisbane (St Lucia).
- Permanent part-time: 20 hours per week
- Salary: between $70 – $90K full-time equivalent + superannuation.
How to apply
Please don’t wait until the deadline if you want to apply. We’ll fill this role as soon as we find the right candidates.
Sign up to Beam so you can apply for the role.
Applying is easy — answer 3 questions and record a 1-minute intro video so we can get to know you. The video is optional, but it makes a big difference to help you stand out! We look forward to meeting you.