KU Children’s Services (KU) is a leading not for profit provider of nearly 140 early childhood education and care services in NSW, VIC, the ACT and QLD. Established in 1895, KU is one of Australia’s most experienced and respected providers of long day care, preschool, family programs, and early intervention services. KU also operates brokered programs on behalf of the Commonwealth Government and provides professional services to the early childhood sector and the wider community.
The Company Secretary plays a key role in supporting KU’s best practice corporate governance approach. Reporting to the CEO and working closely with the CEO, Chair, KU Board members and members of the KU Executive Team the Company Secretary ensures the smooth operation of the Board and its Committees, compliance with governance legislation and provides corporate legal advice as appropriate.
We are now looking for an exceptional Company Secretary to join our team on a part time basis; working 30 hours per week (some outside regular business hours).
We want you to be as passionate about the role of Company Secretary and as committed to achieving positive outcomes as we are.
Key accountabilities include:
• Managing Board processes including Board and Committee papers and circulation of agendas, minutes and papers for the Board and its Committees;
• Promoting the KU compliance framework to safeguard the integrity of the organisation;
• Understanding and ensuring the company complies with its statutory obligations, ensuring requirements of all governance legislation are met, including continuous disclosure;
• Being involved in risk management and corporate responsibility matters;
• Development, implementation, communication and maintenance of compliance policies, registers, processes and procedure.
In addition, you will have:
• Relevant legal qualifications and /or equivalent extensive knowledge and broad management experience in legal or a related discipline;
• Substantial leadership and senior management skills and experience, including strong administration skills;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with Board members and Executive staff;
• Proven analytical, conceptual and problem-solving skills;
• Knowledge and capacity to engage with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders.
Why join us?
KU has been recognised as a Winner of The Australian Business Awards for Employer of Choice in 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019 and 2020. At KU we want to make your work with us as interesting and rewarding as we possibly can.
The KU Difference
• We Reward – We offer salary packaging and discounted private health insurance.
• We Build Careers – We enable and encourage our people to evolve with us
• We Grow Our People – We provide opportunities to learn, grow and enhance your professional practice.
• We Offer an Inclusive Culture – We’ve created a diverse and inclusive working culture with a shared vision and common values.
• Permanent part-time role
• Superb Sydney CBD offices, however plenty of opportunity to work from home
• 30 hours per week (however, some of those will be outside standard office hours for a combination of face to face or Zoom board meetings)
• Salary: dependent on skills and experience
• Start date: February 2021.
How To Apply
If you’re interested in this role, and have not applied previously, please sign up to Beam. Applying is easy — upload a CV, answer 3 questions and record a 1-minute intro video so we can get to know you.
We look forward to meeting you!
KU is a culturally sensitive employer, committed to improving outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children, families and employees.