Leydin Freyer is a Melbourne-based professional services firm in the outsourced accounting and company secretarial markets, predominantly in the ASX-Listed sector.
We pride ourselves on our ability to deliver to all clients, exceptional financial and professional services with the highest professionalism and integrity. Experience, attention to detail and dedication to the task at hand is what we bring to every interaction with our customers so that clients always have peace of mind.
We work with all types of businesses and organisations (predominantly ASX-Listed) in the energy, resources, biotechnology, technology, healthcare and food sectors.
Further information can be found at www.leydinfreyer.com.au
We’re seeking an experienced Corporate Accountant Financial Statements Specialist to join our team.
This is a unique opportunity to work in a dynamic, entrepreneurial and fun professional services firm.
The role provides the benefits of embedding yourself in a portfolio of clients as well as working in a ‘hybrid’ professional services environment.
This is a permanent part-time position offering attractive remuneration, professional development and career advancement.
The ideal candidate will possess the requisite experience/expertise to manage the following matters:
- Prepare and review financial statements; monthly, half-yearly and annual accounts based upon financial information that is compiled and analysed within Australian and International Accounting Standards. This will also involve preparation on consolidations and cash flow forecasts.
- Responsible for ensuring that all financial reporting deadlines are met, internally and externally as per ASX and Australian Securities and Investments Corporation (ASIC) requirements including quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports as well as accounting standards application to commercial transactions.
- Oversee and review of audit files for half-year and full-year accounts.
- Perform analysis using financial data that is used to assist in making business decisions including revenue and expenditure trends, financial commitments and future revenue expectations. Analyse financial data to resolve certain discrepancies and irregularities that may arise.
- Provide recommendations that may involve developing efficient resources and procedures, while providing strategic recommendations for specific financial problems or situations.
- Co-ordination of the completion of the annual income tax return and other indirect taxes including but limited to Research and Development claims.
- Liaise with clients, financial professionals including auditors, tax professionals, legal providers on accounting tasks and corporate transactions.
To be successful in this role we expect you will have:
- Significant accounting experience (6-10+ years) preferably in a financial statements preparation role or audit, with some ASX-listed experience.
- Outstanding attention to detail and accuracy.
- Proven ability as a great team player with the ability to follow procedures.
- Exceptional interpersonal, written and verbal communications skills.
- Exposure to and advanced skills in use of accounting software and Excel essential.
Location: The offices are based in South Melbourne; however they are open to the successful candidate working remotely from anywhere in Australia.
Hours: 30 hours a week. The can be done over 4 days or 5 shorter days – whatever works for you!
Salary: The salary is dependent on the skills and experience you can bring to the role.
Start date: ASAP!
How to Apply
If you’re keen to apply and are not already part of our marketplace please sign up to Beam.
Applying is easy — upload a CV, answer 3 questions and record a 1-minute intro video so we can get to know you.
We look forward to meeting you!