Clearpoint Legal will hire as soon as they find the right person, so if it looks like you, please apply asap.
About Clearpoint Legal
Clearpoint Legal is a boutique law firm that provides strategic corporate and commercial advice to a diverse range of businesses.
All law firms talk about the importance of work-life balance, but we believe we’ve actually achieved it. Caring for our clients and caring for our team are what we value most. Because we do law differently, we need lawyers who think differently.
We are a team of 6 lawyers with 4 of us working part-time. Some have families and some have other business interests they are pursuing. It is this balance that makes us a happy and cohesive team. It’s really important to us; and our clients understand and appreciate how we work. We have open lines of communications with our clients, working together to set realistic deadlines. What we deliver is what matters – not the hours you keep or the minutes you record.
We work like in-house lawyers, but for several different businesses. We are our clients’ legal department, or we work with them to support and enhance their existing legal teams. We work at our client’s premises, from our offices or from home.
Due to recent business growth we are looking for an experienced, dynamic corporate/commercial lawyer to join our close-knit team. The role will include providing general commercial legal advice to our clients across a wide range of industries, including in the technology, professional services, sporting and automotive sectors. The role will not involve any litigation work.
This role offers a fantastic opportunity to get involved in a wide variety of legal work in a supportive and flexible work environment, as well as the chance to actively contribute to the direction and growth of our innovative firm.
It also creates a genuine opportunity for the right person to gain valuable in-house counsel experience.
Who we are looking for
- A minimum of 5 years PQE
- Significant experience with drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial business contracts
- A proven record of working effectively in fast-moving environments
- The ability to think commercially about legal advice
- The ability to find simple, practical solutions to non-standard issues
- The willingness to deliver work that doesn’t exceed client needs – yes that’s right! We respect our clients and make sure we give them only what they need. We do not over complicate
- Experience in advising clients on consumer law issues
- An unrestricted Australian legal practising certificate
- The ability not to take yourself too seriously.
The following will be highly regarded but are not essential:
- Experience working in an in-house legal team
- Experience in assisting clients with IT contracting and privacy compliance
- Part-time: minimum of 3 days p/week
- Salary: $90k-120k + Super, Full Time Equivalent, based on experience
- Location – we work from the client’s premises, our offices and from home. Our office at Hub Parliament Station is Melbourne’s premier co-working destination. It has great natural light, spectacular views, parks nearby and excellent coffee on tap!
How to apply
If you’re keen to apply, please sign up to Beam.
Applying is easy — answer 3 questions and record a 1-minute intro video so we can get to know you. The video is optional, but it makes a big difference to help you stand out!
We look forward to meeting you.