Who we are
We build brands; from the conceptual and strategic development that guides the formation of them, right through to words and design consumers experience.
We work across a variety of industries, however our niche is with DTC and challenger brands: those that want to do something different and walk their talk.
Over the past 10 years we’ve named a financial broker after an animal and a nut company after a river, we’ve turned coffee grinds into a multi-million dollar business and helped charities raise millions of dollars. We share an open plan, plant-filled office with our pals; frank body and frame. And we enjoy culture club activities like training, drawing and and drinking.
We live by one rule; the only thing scarier than a new idea is an old one.
What you’ll be doing
Asking how can we make this better? Again, and again. Until our work is the best it can be.
Translation: you’ll lead and mentor a team of writers and designers to create brands with longevity, campaigns with spice and content that makes people chuckle into their morning coffee.
Your primary role is to review, edit and guide the team through the brand creation process. You’ll closely oversee each aspect from client workshops through to strategy and creative execution. But you’ll also be motivated to deliver your own progressive concepts.
We’re looking for someone who has management experience but misses being on the tools.
This role will cover everything from brand strategy and tone of voice development to brand identity and advertising roll out.
What you bring to the table
-You have at least 10 years of experience covering brand strategy, copywriting, campaign creation, naming, design, marketing and social media.
-You have the ability to think through complex problems in a creative and strategic way.
– A great communication style and ability to give constrictive feedback to both team members and clients.
-More talent. Less ego. You walk your talk and know the difference between showing and telling.
-Your career highlights include successful branding projects for companies both small and large. As well as communication and marketing campaigns that have driven brand awareness, increased market share and fueled revenue and business growth.
-This role requires strategy, copywriting and design experience.
-Bonus points if you have worked as part of a creative team at a creative agency
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Develop and edit brand strategies and creative concepts.
- Lead brainstorming/creative sessions with clients and team.
- Write and design unique and well-crafted copy that meet clients’ needs.
- Revise content and presentations, approve/reject ideas, provide feedback to the team
- Sign off projects before they are presented to the client
- Pitch ideas to clients and work through rounds of feedback.
- Ensure all work presented to clients is consistent with the overall brand
- Lead multiple projects from conception to completion in accordance with deadlines
Employment Status: Part Time
Lunch Break: 1 hour. Taken at leisure.
Annual Salary: Up to $100K including Super for 3 days a week ($165k FTE)
Commencement Date: September 1.
One year or 9 month contract *may be extended.