When a child is diagnosed with cancer, it affects the whole family. Every day in Australia, 3 families will hear the words: “your child has cancer.” In the daunting and unpredictable experience that follows a diagnosis, a child needs as much stability and support from their family as possible. But holding it together when your child’s life is in question can feel impossible.
Redkit provides the practical, emotional and financial support for families who have a child with cancer, so they don’t have to face it alone. We want to ensure that every family member has access to the lifeline they need to face childhood cancer.
The Digital & Graphic Designer is our brand champion! You are responsible for bringing our brand to life through the design of our content, collateral and campaigns as well as the production and upkeep of the Redkite brand.
Key Focus Areas
- Create visual resources across a wide variety of mediums, both print and digital. This will include flyers, brochures, posters, infographics, print ads, social media ads, social media content, videos, EDM banners, website graphics, outdoor ads and POS ads.
- Interpret and interrogate design briefs and organising output accordingly
- Manage all aspects of a project from pre to post-production
- Assist the rollout of advertising campaigns and branding projects
- Play a key role in creative idea generation, keeping abreast of trends and bring fresh, new and on-brand ideas to the table
Brand Management & Development:
- Maintain brand integrity and strong visual aesthetic across all creative avenues
- Work on the ongoing development and upkeep of the Redkite brand and visual guidelines
Key Competencies & Skills
Our ideal candidate will have the following skills and attributes:
- You must live and breathe design, have amazing attention to detail and a keen eye for emerging design trends in the design space.
- Proven experience across both digital and print design.
- Strong knowledge of design best practice.
- Ability to execute a design brief, follow instruction and apply feedback.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator.
- Experience with Video Editing Software.
- Able to create content that is on-brand, engaging and original across digital and social platforms.
- Video and digital animation capabilities is highly desirable.
- Strong interpersonal skills, people management, time management & attention to detail.
- Location: Our offices are based in Surry Hills, Sydney. We would require the successful candidate to be in at least 2 days a week.
- Days/hours: 3 days (22.5 hours per week)
- Salary: dependent on experience.
- Start date: ASAP – whenever works for you!
How to Apply
If this role looks like you, apply asap! Interviews will be scheduled as soon as great talent applies.
If you’re keen to apply and are not already part of our marketplace please sign up to Beam.
Applying is easy — upload a CV, answer 3 questions and record a 1-minute intro video so we can get to know you.
The video is not compulsory, but gives us some further insight into why you would be great for our role. It does not need to be polished, just the real you.
We look forward to meeting you!