Spinach Ventures consult, mentor and advise small businesses on the leading People Practices and Methodologies in HR Strategy, HR Advisory, Organisational Design aligned with business purpose, values, strategic objectives and goals.
Our purpose is to cultivate work cultures where people flourish, businesses thrive and communities prosper. We bring this to life through genuine understanding, facilitating respect and genuine interactions between people, teams and management; and we are guided by achieving the best outcomes from three crucial perspectives: the organisation and its purpose and values; individual team member goals for their work and life; and what’s best for commercial outcomes.
There is a huge opportunity to help small businesses to provide meaningful, rewarding and engaging employee experiences. Your mandate is to develop this proposition to bring to them. Depending on your experience and inclination, you might also provide other strategic and operational HR advice to our clients.
You will be naturally passionate about human experiences or the employee experience. And you might come from a customer experience (CX) background, applying methodologies from a consumer journey to the employee world; or you might come from an HR business partner or HR consulting background with a strong employment framework understanding.
Either way, you’ll enable our clients to create amazing employee experiences. This will require a strong business acumen and empathy with small business owners.
To succeed, you’ll need to be:
- Curious about people – be understanding and interested in human experience
- An active listener – asking great questions to draw out issues
- Able to build rapport and establish trust with clients quickly
- Experienced, with strong business acumen, demonstrating empathy with small business owners and providing recommendations which are practical for their context
- Driven more by outcomes than following process for process sake
- In love with technology, probably a digital native who sees possibilities in technology which enable human connections
We’re really interested in understanding what motivates you in your career. What values are important to you, that we can support? At Spinach Ventures there are some things which are really important to us: altruism, we want to have fun and enjoy work (and provide our clients with this as well!), we like to challenge the status quo and are open to change, and we’re comfortable with uncertainty and risk. It will be important that our values are aligned, though our approaches and styles might be quite different.
What’s the deal?
- Part-time: up to 20 hours a week, we don’t mind when they’re done if we can create great experiences for our clients
- Salary: $90-110K maximum package (FTE including Super)
- Location: we are based in Canberra, so you can work with us, but we’re open to other locations as well, with a visit to Canberra perhaps once a month
- Starting: when you’re ready
- Other benefits: AHRI (or other relevant professional body) membership; and ongoing professional development that will enable the collection of career experiences you are seeking.
Want to join the team?
If you want to have an impact, love change and progress, and want to grow your experience, this is a great opportunity. If you are passionate about creating great human experiences, please apply, with a cover note speaking to:
- Why your skills, experience and behavioural style make you the best match for this role
- Why would you like to be a part of the Spinach Ventures team
- What makes you excellent at your craft
We look forward to meeting you!