Beam is partnering with an inspiring Not-For-Profit organisation to find them a new member of their events team! This NFP is transformative in its sector, so you will have an opportunity to bring your expertise to have a great impact. The team is inspiring and are values-led.
Our events are integral to what we do and the social impact we are able to create. So we are looking for an experienced and confident events manager to ensure our series of events across the year, which are about 200-250 people, are a great success. We have strong processes in place, so the focus is on ensuring the events run smoothly, on budget and are an excellent experience! We’re looking for someone who can run with these events autonomously and who loves being part of an organisation with a purpose.
- Manage delivery of our events including trade fairs, forums, networking events etc. including logistics, registrations, venue liaison and communications
- Work with external partners including federal government agencies to deliver professional events
- Manage and deliver events to a set budget
- Work collaboratively with internal teams to ensure attendance targets are met
- Assist with managing our major annual event: conference, tradeshow, gala awards dinner
- Support the Events Manager in managing external event provider for large annual event
- Assist with producing reports on our events to the CEO, Board, Committees and Leadership Team
- Ensure excellent customer service is provided
Specialist Knowledge and Attributes
- Demonstrated experience in event management or co-ordination
- Demonstrated experience in working with teams to deliver successful event outcomes
- Demonstrated experience in being part of a team delivering large scale events including, Conferences, Tradeshows, Gala Dinners and/or Award ceremonies
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of Indigenous societies, cultures and issues affecting Indigenous Australians in business is desirable but not required
Skills, knowledge and experience
- Self-motivation and a proactive team player who’s willing to pitch in where needed
- Exceptional time management and prioritisation skills to deliver outcomes on time
- A strong commitment to superior customer service
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
- High level of competence in using IT applications e.g. Microsoft Office, Excel, Salesforce, Sharepoint
- Role: Permanent Part-Time
- Hours: 24 hours / week, either in 3 days or across 4/5 days
- Salary: $100k including Super FTE ($60,000 including Super for the 3 days)
- Benefits: NFP Salary Packaging Benefits available
- Location: Sydney CBD. Note it would be highly preferable (but not absolutely necessary) for you to join the events which are held around the country – this would entail travel about once a month in the second half of the year, with 1 night stays (2 nights for Perth). There is flexibility to work from home on occasion or on a semi regular basis for the right candidate.
If you’re excited to learn more about our organisation and to take on this role with our team, please apply here as soon as possible with Beam. We will be reviewing and interviewing applicants as they come in so time is of the essence!