CELA is the peak body for Australia’s early childhood education sector, advocating quality education and care for all Australian children. We are a member based organisation supporting early education professionals through our 1800 line, resources, consultancy, training and events.
We are a team of smart, purpose-driven individuals who all play a pivotal role in the success of our organisation. Half of our team works part-time, all of us work flexibly and everyone enjoys making an impact.
We have set ourselves up to thrive with asynchronous working – we’ve embraced technology, never have a meeting for the sake of it and understand that communication and transparency is the key to success.
At the end of the day, we love what we do.
This is a newly created position for an EA to join our team. Primarily supporting the CEO, you bring maturity and experience to your role. You can take a brief and just run with it as well as proactively spotting something that needs to be done or an opportunity for improvement.
Attention to detail and a strength in writing is critical to the success of this role. If we asked someone about you they would say that you take pride in your work, dot every ‘i’ and cross every ‘t’.
There are three critical components to this role:
- Support to the CEO with board reporting
- Systems and processes – working with our existing technology to drive productivity and efficiency
- Day to day administration duties, including fortnightly payroll
- You must be an experienced EA with at least 7 years experience
- You must have proven experience in board reporting or similar
- You must have a strong background working with cloud technology such as Microsoft Teams to support a collaborative team
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Attention to detail – you don’t miss a thing
- Strong time management skills
- Ability to work autonomously
Your personal attributes
- Motivated, efficient and reliable
- Friendly and professional
- A perfect blend of structured and flexible
- Start: ASAP
- Part-time: 1 day/week
- Salary: $120k including super (full time equivalent)
- Location: We are currently all working from home and are open to retaining this arrangement longer-term if it suits you. Our office is in Marrickville, a 20 minute walk from the train station.
If you’re keen to apply and are not already part of our marketplace please sign up to Beam. Applying is easy — upload a CV, answer 3 questions and record a 1-minute intro video so we can get to know you.
We look forward to meeting you!