Western Sydney University’s School of Business is looking for a highly engaged and experienced Executive Project Officer. In this role, you will provide timely, high-level executive management support for the Dean and Executive Management Team of the School of Business.
You will oversee programs of work and major projects and provide strategic and policy advice on Government, Sector and Institutional issues, general Western Sydney management policies and practices and their application within the School, managing special projects, undertake critical analysis of these various issues and recommend specific courses of action where appropriate.
You will also prepare complex reports, submissions, briefings and associated correspondence and collaborate with the Dean and Executive Management staff in the School and Senior Staff across the University. As such, it strong written and verbal communications are necessary.
- Undertake research and manage projects at the request of the School Executive Management Team (Dean, Deputy Dean and School Manager), relating to teaching and learning, academic programs, consolidation of courses, course reviews, submissions and student complaints.
- Assist with the development, implementation, monitoring and reporting of strategic and operational plans and budgets.
- Coordinate the dissemination and collection of information across the School in relation to various policy and management issues and provide high level executive support to the School’s executive management team including the preparation of reports and briefing papers.
- Assist the Dean in ensuring that internal control and reporting processes are in place within the School, encompassing control activities and risk assessments including compliance and operational risks, and ensuring these are optimal and understood by staff.
- Develop appropriate and efficient office management systems and processes utilising innovative approaches to enhance office efficiency and effectiveness and implement and monitor the operations of the office to ensure continued efficiencies.
- Provide and ensure an efficient communication/coordination link exists within the School and senior staff of the University and ensure an effective client service interface between the School and all its stakeholders.
- Provide high level oversight of promotional events of the School, including Open Day, UWS Days, partner events and industry days.
Capability you’ll bring
- Postgraduate qualifications or progress towards postgraduate qualifications and extensive relevant experience, or management expertise and extensive experience, or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Strong abstract and numerical conceptual reasoning capabilities with demonstrated experience in a commercial/financial environment.
- An ability to research issues and undertake and manage projects, analyse data and findings, and to write succinct reports.
- Well-developed written communication skills, including the ability to write executive level reports, committee papers and plans, prepare submissions and to respond to routine and non-routine correspondence.
- High level analytical and problem solving skills, including the ability to interpret, formulate, document and communicate policy.
- High level interpersonal and oral communication skills, together with consultation and facilitation skills, and the capacity to articulate complex issues lucidly and succinctly.
- High level negotiation and diplomacy skills with demonstrated ability to exercise judgement with regard to the release of information on confidential matters; including the ability to exercise initiative.
- 24 hours per week, across 3 days or spread across the week – this will be a job share role
- 2 year fixed term contract, including leave benefits etc.
- Salary is approximately $100k FTE.
- 17% super
- Location: Parramatta city campus
Please apply ASAP through Beam, with your Cover Letter addressing capabilities required. We welcome all applicants who bring these capabilities to the role!
About Western Sydney University
The Western Sydney University is a major urban university spread over six campuses in Greater Western Sydney, a region of great opportunity, diversity, challenge and growth. The University has a strong connection to Greater Western Sydney, working with its communities and businesses to contribute to the region’s growth. The University is culturally diverse, with 2,500 staff and 40,000 students drawn from Australia and around the world.
The University strategic plan, ‘Securing Success: 2015-2020 Strategic Plan’, articulates the University’s values and commitments of being:
1) A Distinctively Student-Centred University
2) A Research-Led University with Regional, National and Global Impact
3) A Unique Learning Experience that is Innovative, Flexible and Responsive
4) An Expanding International Reach and Reputation
5) A Leading Advocate and Champion for the Greater Western Sydney Region and its People
6) A Dynamic and Innovative Culture that Secures Success.
The School of Business is one of nine Schools at the WSU. It takes pride in educating students in an environment that is contemporary, challenging and adapted to a rapidly evolving world, and we seek enthusiastic people and emerging leaders to join our team.
The School provides an innovative business education to the Greater Western Sydney region and beyond. Our comprehensive program is designed to lead to rewarding business careers in Australia and the global marketplace.