Skye Capital Advisory
Skye Capital Advisory is a leading independent, transparent and respected debt advisory and capital management firm, providing independent and innovative solutions to a broad range of corporate and private equity clients in the Australian and New Zealand markets.
Skye Capital’s team has advised and arranged more than $90bn in debt funding, transactional banking and working capital management in the Australian, NZ and global markets for corporates, private equity firms and property funds. Our track record includes many of Australia and New Zealand’s most complex, demanding and transformational assignments. Transactions have spanned most industries including travel, gaming, entertainment, financial services, resources, retail, food and beverage, media, health, industrial, property, building and transport sectors.
What’s the Skye Capital story?
Kelly Morton founded Skye Capital as there is an increasing need for truly independent, transparent debt advice in an ever changing dynamic and complex market.
Skye Capital is a boutique firm, and we deliberately take the opposite of a one size fits all approach. Skye Capital’s advice is always tailored to our client’s situation and our track record reinforces our ability and commitment to a hands-on approach to achieve the best possible outcome for our clients.
As a small, modern business, we work in a different way. We are flexible and take a long-term approach to building the right team who love their work and have time to enjoy their lives outside work! Don’t get us wrong, we work hard and deliver for our customers, that is our priority.
We’re able to offer a truly flexible working arrangement which can be structured in various ways – all open for discussion.
What is the role?
Skye Capital is growing and we need a Debt Finance Specialist to join our small team, to work on our deals and help us grow the company! Bringing your experience from a major bank / IB / prof services, you’ll be involved with providing advice and arranging debt financing, writing materials, modelling, legal documentation, liaising with lenders and clients.
The big difference is we are small, agile and have close relationships with our clients. We pride ourselves in giving tailored advice and outstanding service.
To be successful, you will need to
- Be proactive and take initiative to develop and grow our business through your interactions with current and potential clients
- Lead engagements on leveraged buyouts, restructurings and refinancing.
- Lead debt procurement processes, from initial research, pitch books and preparation of materials for financiers, through to documentation and financial close
- Have very strong analytical skills to identify and articulate client needs, issues and key risks, then provide recommendations
- Maintain market knowledge and continue to grow lender relationships
- Develop new members of the team as we grow in the future
What experience will set you up for success in this role?
- Experience in investment banking, banking or legal experience with a focus on leverage finance
- Leverage finance lending experience would be preferred but is not essential
- A passion for debt finance and how it can help businesses. We love what we do, and we need you to as well
- Proven experience in analysing, structuring, lead arranging and executing across the spectrum of debt products
- The ability to assist with preparation of transaction materials, including by assisting with key due diligence work streams such as market research, analysis of financial statements, and financial due diligence and reviewing/preparing loan documentation.
- Relationships with lenders preferred
- Strong financial modeling skills
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Loan documentation knowledge
- Strong relationship-building and client engagement skills
- Specialist skills in offering, designing and implementing tailored solutions
- A mature approach with the ability to work autonomously, with strong attention to detail, a high degree of accuracy, and the ability to work closely to schedule and meet deadlines with a strong team orientation
- A tertiary qualification in Commerce (or similar), and relevant postgraduate studies (CFA, CA, Masters in Finance) would be preferred
What’s the deal?
- 2-4 days Part-time or Full-Time (flexible) – part time roles can be spread across multiple days or full days
- Location – Sydney, with the ability to work remotely as it suits you
- Starting – when you’re ready
Please apply here through Beam if this looks like an opportunity and work environment you’d love. Along with your CV, please provide a 1 page cover letter, telling us briefly how your skills and experience match the role requirements, and also addressing these 3 questions…
1.What has enabled you to excel in your current role?
2. What have you gained from your experience to date and how will that be beneficial to Skye Capital?
3. Why do you think this role is so important to Skye Capital?
4. Why do you want to join Skye Capital?
Related Jobs (10)
Senior Manager or Partner | Sydney | Part-time 3-4 days on March 11, 2019 Permanent Part Time
Technology Risk | Manager | Sydney | Melbourne | 3-4 days on December 9, 2018
Senior Manager, Data Assurance | Melbourne | Part time: 4 days on September 21, 2018 Permanent Part Time
Manager – IT Audit & Technology Risk | PwC | Melbourne | Part-Time: 4 days on September 20, 2018
Manager, Internal Audit | PwC | Melbourne | Part-time: 4 days on September 20, 2018