At Victual, we help clients in industries such as food and beverage, construction and professional services to manage their business risk and insurance. We provide innovative risk and insurance solutions to leadership teams and boards.
We have a small growing team of 7 people based in North Sydney. We genuinely care about helping our clients ensure they are as safe as possible in their workplace, support their business performance and to safeguard their business finances, and we genuinely care about our people.
Focus, passion and rethinking the traditional are the Victual way. We take the time to listen to our clients and develop strong partnerships with them. Balance is important to us too! We respect and appreciate our clients, but they only get the best when there is balance in our lives.
We’re looking for someone who is going to love being part of our business, take great pride in their work and, with their experience in the insurance sector, help to grow the business.
About this role
The Finance Administrator’s role is to support the directors and consultants in the financial and compliance functions for the business. This will include accounting process, management reporting process and AFSL compliance process. There could be some involvement in client activities, dependent on experience.
- Management of insurance broker trust accounts using EBIX EGlobal software
- Management accounting through Xero
- Financial process administration such as invoicing, accounts receivables and expense reconciliation
- Compiling monthly performance reports
- Developing and maintaining standard operating procedures (SOPs) for various regular processes
- Supporting quarterly compliance meetings
- Maintain the AFSL compliance calendar
- Supporting client delivery as required
Requirements of Role
- Degree, Diploma or Cert III/IV qualifications in accounting, finance or insurance related disciplines
- Competent in EBIX EGlobal
- Competent in Xero
- Insurance knowledge
- Insurance knowledge and skill
- Accounting / book keeping skills
- High level of computer skills including Word, PowerPoint and Excel
- High level of web-based system skills to administer systems such as Xero, Salesforce and EGlobal
- Good interpersonal skills to both maintain and foster customer and internal stakeholder relationships
- Book-keeping experience desirable
- Insurance experience desirable
- Ability to be well organised and structured
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Willingness to learn
- Displays Initiative
- Team player
- $80k inc super (full-time equivalent)
- 3 days/week
- North Sydney location, with option to work from home some of the time
We look forward to meeting you!