A children’s mental health charity, KidsXpress helps to transform the lives of children impacted by adversity.
We deliver trauma-informed Expressive Therapy to children under the age of 12yrs and Education Services for those that care for them.
During the KidsXpress programs, children are finding ways to understand their situation through creative therapies, including: music, art, drama, dance-movement and play therapy, which provide the foundations for positive coping mechanisms and reparative therapeutic relationships.
KidsXpress works closely with community partners to deliver the therapy programs at our head office in Macquarie Park and in our school based programs.
About the role:
We are looking for a friendly, detail focused, finance professional with MYOB and payroll experience, who loves an excel spreadsheet and turning raw data into meaningful graphs.
The role will report to the HR and Finance Manager, working 2 days a week on payroll/finance tasks and 2 days assisting with programs administration.
This is a great opportunity to join a fun, creative and dynamic team where you will play an integral part in helping children in need.
Key objectives and responsibilities
- Prepare, process and remit accounts payables and receivables
- Create, sending and following up on invoices
- Track and reconcile all accounts including bank transactions and credit cards
- Record and prepare reconciliation for petty cash
- Prepare the statutory reporting requirements of the organisation
- Prepare and process payroll files
- Maintain staff records, including time sheet monitoring, leave records, as well as any other discretionary benefits
- Assist with the preparation of financial reports
- Work with the team to ensure smooth running of the finance and administration function of the organisation
- Undertake purchasing requirements of KidsXpress Head Office and School locations, including stationary, consumables and general supplies
- Assist Programs Coordinator with Programs administrative and research tasks
To be successful in the role, you will need :
- Experience in a previous finance position;
- Highly organised with exceptional attention to detail
- Demonstrated competence with MYOB and Excel;
- Ability to prepare payrolls;
- High proficiency with computing and IT systems with an aptitude to learn standard organisational software and other relevant applications;
- Demonstrated ability to work with limited supervision and to undertake directed tasks with initiative;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders;
- Experience with Employment Hero HR and Payroll software (desirable).
- Location: based at our Macquarie Park Office,
- Days/hours: 4 days – Monday to Thursday (Fridays off)
- This is a short-term contract until the 30th June 2021 (with the possibility of an ongoing contract.)
- Salary: $60k + super FTE. This includes salary packaging which makes part of your salary tax free.
- Start date: ASAP!
How to apply:
If you’re keen to apply and are not already part of our marketplace please sign up to Beam. Applying is easy — upload a CV, answer 3 questions and record a 1-minute intro video so we can get to know you.
We look forward to meeting you!