Please note: This role can be performed at a Director or Senior Associate level, depending on your experience. PwC understands the calibre of Beam’s legal talent and is happy to adapt the role for the right candidate.
With PwC, you’ll ignite a meaningful career while being supported by a flexible working culture, innovative learning and development opportunities and progressive policies and benefits, such as 18 weeks paid parental leave for mums, dads and foster carers (no minimum service!)
What will you create?
You’ll help Australian businesses, not-for-profits and governments create value and improve the way they work. From creating value in deals, transforming the renewables landscape, to creating smarter cities and igniting our start-up industry, together we build trust in society and solve important problems.
Legal bring this to life by helping clients to navigate today’s complex legal requirements with a forward-looking edge within their broader business needs. The team also provides a breadth of business and market insight to deliver clients an unparalleled integrated service.
As a Director or Senior Associate in our Finance Legal team, based in Melbourne or Sydney, your impact will be seen by:
- Delivering legal services in a uniquely integrated environment, working closely with non-legal colleagues in Debt & Capital Advisory, Tax, Private Clients, Deals, Assurance and other non-legal lines of service
- Advising on a broad range of financing transactions, including market-leading large-scale private equity and corporate acquisitions, renewables, energy and infrastructure projects, and a range of real estate matters, including socially critical community housing developments
- Developing deep client relationships, leveraging PwC’s broader market presence and a real opportunity to engage with clients on strategic matters beyond the role of traditional lawyers, often at or before deal inception
- Providing commercial solutions to clients’ complex and diverse funding requirements and challenges
- You have a top-tier background in banking and finance law, ideally with 4 – 9 years’ PQE and are skilled in large scale corporate finance and one or more of project finance, acquisition and leveraged finance, property finance, structured and asset finance and debt capital markets. You will also hold an understanding of transaction management, a commercial mindset and a genuine desire to be part of a growing practice.
- Passionate about being at the forefront of change, you’re ready to help our Legal team deliver innovative, commercially aware solutions to our clients’ most challenging business issues.
- You’re collaborative and enjoy working in an innovative environment. You’re a problem solver by nature and want to join a firm that values the kind of people who reimagine the possible for their clients and stakeholders. Most importantly, you act with integrity and show care for the people you work with.
Life at PwC
Our culture and benefits are something we’re proud of, and also the reason we’ve been named LinkedIn’s #1 Australian workplace. With PwC, you’ll belong to an inclusive community where differences are both embraced and the underlying driver in everything we create together.
We empower you with the technology, coaching, flexibility and trust needed to make a meaningful difference, while supporting you in bringing your whole self to work each day. We’re committed to building and maintaining a diverse workforce because we know it’s only by working together that we can realise the potential of our people, clients and society around us.
We’re living this commitment through initiatives including our Reconciliation Action Plan to increase Indigenous employment and employee-led diversity networks promoting cultural, disability, LGBTI and gender equality. At our core we’re a people business, which means you’ll be supported not just in your professional development but your personal growth as well
How to apply
If this is the role for you then sign up to Beam so you can apply asap!
Applying is easy — answer 3 questions and record an optional 1-minute intro video so we can get to know you.