Greenroom will hire as soon as they find the right person, so if it looks like you, please apply asap!
Greenroom was founded to fill a gap in the sporting landscape that represents a massive opportunity for sporting organisations and brands. We use digital strategies to help our clients capitalise on advancements in digital marketing and technology, by developing and implementing activation strategies designed to generate commercial outcomes.
We work with fantastic clients – such as major Australian, UK and European sporting clubs – on exciting initiatives. This is a high growth sector in which we
continue to introduce new and innovative technology to ensure our clients are at the forefront of the industry with their digital presence and proactive partnership activations. We have operations in both Australia and the UK.
We’re looking for a Finance Manager who is self-motivated to hit the ground running, roll up their sleeves and help us get some complex, meaningful work done. Someone who combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting and pragmatic approach to supporting the business. You do not need to
have experience in digital, services or the sport sector, though an interest in what we do and desire to work in the business will make you better in the role.
The work you’ll do will include:
- Analysing and processing transactions through Xero including reconciling 2 bank accounts and credit cards (4 employee cards and main billing facility);
- Verifying, allocating, posting and reconciling accounts payable and receivable (Total transactions processed on average around 290 per month);
- Debtor collection via chaser and updating chaser where required and contacting the debtor directly if required;
- Maintaining the Finance inbox and replying to supplier or payroll related queries from employees;
- Preparing banking upload files for payment and other bank transfers/payments including credit card top ups;
- Attending revenue forecast meetings with management to update the existing and pipeline portfolio; and
- Maintaining cash flow.
- Processing payroll including wellness package and employee expense claim reimbursements;
- Approval of leave, expense claims and wellness package claims;
- Preparing payroll variance analysis, wellness package and annual leave reports to management; and
- Ensuring IAS is submitted by deadline, PAYG tax and superannuation paid by the required deadline.
Invoicing – ensuring all invoicing has been sent out (start and end of month) and reconcile back to revenue forecast.
Month End Procedures
- Maintaining the general ledger and preparing month-end close procedures;
- Processing Manual Journals;
- Reconciling the Balance sheet;
- Preparing monthly finance reports for management including comparison and analysis to budget/forecast; and
- Discussing with GMs the updates to the FY forecast model and preparing a monthly full year forecast using 3 way model methodology from Modano.
You’ll also be responsible for:
- Finalising financial year end accounts and liaising with external tax accountants;
- Setting up finance processes and procedures and maintaining policies;
- Assisting management with preparation of the annual budget;
- Assisting with annual renewal of insurance policies;
- Assisting external tax accountants with BAS, FBT, payroll tax and income tax return;
- Maintaining client contracts register and ensuring revenue is booked completely and accurately;
- Spotting errors and suggesting ways to improve efficiency and spending;
- Developing and documenting business processes to maintain and strengthen internal controls;
- Providing support to the CFO;
- Drafting up employee contracts, letter or offer, onboard new employees, process terminations;
- Assisting with reviewing and drafting up client contracts; and
- Reviewing accounting treatments for certain issues.
Key areas of experience we’re looking for include:
- Proven experience as an accountant
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures
- Understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Familiarity with financial accounting statements
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year- end close process
- Hands-on experience with accounting software packages, Xero experience is preferred
- Advanced MS Excel skills including Vlookups and pivot tables
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills
- Excellent time management skills and an ability to manage workloads autonomously
- A fast learner with a confident approach to navigating new systems and software
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and an ability to ask questions and clarify details
- A real interest in what quality data can do for an organisation and its ability to make good decisions
- Agency experience or experience working in a services business along with Xero is preferred
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Finance or equivalent
- Relevant certification (e.g. CA or CPA) preferred but not required
What’s the deal?
- Permanent Part-time role
- 3 days a week
- Salary of $90k-$100k + super as a Full Time Equivalent. This would be pro- rated for your part-time hours.
- Flexible work arrangements – work from home in the short and long term
- Starting: ASAP!
If you’d like to join our journey and believe you can take this mandate on, please apply here through Beam. If you’re not already part of our marketplace please sign
up to Beam. Applying is easy — upload a CV, answer 3 questions and record a 1- minute intro video so we can get to know you.