Firecracker Event was started by a passionate woman, Cassie Lucas, who is all heart, who loves food, and loves creating beautiful spaces. The business is built on the concept of Enlightened Hospitality—a term coined by New York restaurateur Danny Meyer. This means that every person we engage feels safe, welcome and at home with you. It’s about going the extra mile and prioritising relationships over transactions.
We fuse food, styling and service to transform space and create memorable experiences and interactions for guests. We consider ourselves foremost designers with a great love of food. We use primarily organic produce, premium suppliers and premium materials. We shop local and form personal relationships with our community. That’s the Firecracker take on sustainability: what will support and nourish the community and planet will be good for us too.
Purpose of the role
Excitingly, we are growing and now need someone to join our team to look after the financial side of our businesses. Someone to bring some discipline and fundamental financial controls to our operations – which is particularly important as we grow!
We are looking for someone who wants to be a part of this growing team, believes in the principles of our business. Someone who is warm and firm that can help us take the next leap.
We need a left-brain to be the complement to the founder’s right-brain creative magic! So this is a key role in shaping the growth plan, strategy and stability of the business.
What specifically do we need help with?
- Payroll, Invoicing and Payments (AR/AP)
- Budgets and strategy work
- ASIC management
- Business research
- Mentoring one of our administrative team members for data entry, payments (AR/AP) and bookkeeping (we use Xero)
Skills and experience you’ll need
- CA / CPA qualifications preferred
- Business acumen
- Great communication skills
- The desire and ability to operate autonomously
- The confidence to be able to provide your insights and advice to partners in the business
What’s the deal?
- Hours – 5 hours a week to begin with. We might need a little more work done in busy periods and as the business grows.
- Location – we’re based in Northcote and love being where the action happens – the cooking, the warehouse and our great team. Some of this work can be done from home of course but it would be nice to work together when possible.
- Salary – $75/hour including Super. We can contract you on your ABN or bring you on in a permanent part-time role.
We love the part-time model and the work philosophy of high-calibre people working when it suits them, focusing on outputs!
If you like the sound of this role, just apply here through Beam and we’ll be in touch. Looking forward to meeting you!
Related Jobs (3)
Team Leader | Sydney | Part-time 25 hrs/week school hours (closed) on December 11, 2018 Permanent Part Time