Snowflake Analytics makes working with data simple, safe and fit for purpose.
Working directly with clients to build and deploy data systems, Snowflake Analytics does all things data from making it highly available for their people (and machines) to solve tough operational problems in a secure and timely manner. As we enter our next phase of growth, we are seeking a dynamic Finance Manager to step in.
We are looking for a reliable Financial Manager that will analyse everyday financial activities and subsequently provide advice and guidance to the leadership team on future financial plans. We are looking for a process driven and detail oriented accounting professional with a robust understanding of financial systems, processes and how they can be utilised to deliver data that is fit for purpose.
You have proven experience in a similar financial reporting role, ideally within a technology/consulting domain, which has allowed you to utilise your commercial acumen, analytical and change management skills. You also have highly developed financial systems expertise with a working knowledge of modern accounting tools an advantage, as well as advanced MS Office skills.
You have superior interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to engage with and communicate effectively to different audiences will ensure you will make an exceptional impact on the business. Demonstrated experience participating in the transformation of manual reporting processes into automated self-service reporting functions will be highly regarded.
Finally, you need to be able to work well in a fun, fast-paced, and dynamic environment!
Reporting to the CEO and working closely with the directors of the company, the Finance Manager will lead all finance related activities and will be relied upon to take ownership for financial compliance, business level finance support, as well as process improvement, including:
- Providing financial reports and interpreting financial information to managerial staff while recommending further courses of action.
- Advising on investment activities and provide strategies that the company should take
- Maintaining the financial health of the organisation.
Other specific responsibilities include:
- Coordinate and review all statutory reports/tax returns including lodgement of Income Tax Returns, R&D, GST, Payroll Tax
- Analysing costs, pricing, variable contributions, sales results and the company’s actual performance compared to the business plans.
- Developing trends and projections for the firm’s finances.
- Conducting reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities.
- Overseeing operations of the finance department, set goals and objectives, and design a framework for these to be met.
- Managing the preparation of the company’s budget.
- Transitioning from cash accounting to GAAP accounts
- Liaising with auditors to ensure appropriate monitoring of company finances is maintained.
- Providing Human Resources support and supervising the Payroll process.
- Note that the bookkeeping function is outsourced.
- Proven experience as a Finance Manager with 5-7 years’ experience.
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics
- Experience with various financial systems including ERP, payroll, CRM, expense management systems, as well as strong Excel skills (preferred Atlassian, Xero)
- SQL skills will be VERY welcome but are not necessary.
- Understanding of Software-as-a-Service contracts.
- Understanding of multi-year managed services accounts and associated revenue and cash recognition.
- Positive energy and attitude and a desire to drive continuous improvement while striving for excellence.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work well on cross-functional teams with the ability to lead projects.
- Qualified or working towards CA, CPA or other recognised accounting or analytic qualification will be considered a plus.
- HR and / or recruitment experience is also a welcome plus.
- Equivalent of 2 days per week, open to days worked
- Salary: $40,000 + Super for the 2 days (FTE of $109,500 incl Super)
- Location: Chippendale, Sydney
- Starting: as soon as you’re ready
If you can see yourself thriving in our high-growth, future-focused organisation, we’d love to meet you! Please apply here through Beam.
Related Jobs (7)
Team Leader | Sydney | Part-time 25 hrs/week school hours (closed) on December 11, 2018 Permanent Part Time
Finance Manager | Melbourne | Part-time 5 hours/week – (Closed) on November 21, 2018 Contract Permanent Part Time