A Bit About Us
Alchemy One is an independent media agency based in Surry Hills, with amazing clients across Australia and the globe. We were born from the need to transform a crooked and outdated media industry, which we believe has lost itself in murky pricing strategies, long lunches and fake awards.
We’re focused on building success for our clients, creating innovative and creative solutions that focus on results that can be measured and matter. We believe in transparent pricing models, independence and entrepreneurial spirit. Our ethos is all about being rebellious and passionate without an ego.
We provide our clients with access to bespoke teams of senior-level talent and our global consultant network means we have the ability to execute across any market at scale. We currently work with clients including Bank Australia, Foxtel, JKLP Group, Squarespace, UNiDAYS, KitchenAid & MYOB.
We’re a small team with great energy, and we work in a modern, relaxed and fun environment.
As we continue to grow, we have an increasing need for a brilliant finance brain to help us manage the financial health of the organisation – to make sure we’re making the right growth decisions and have strong foundations for the future. Ideally, we are looking for a Financial Controller/Bookkeeper who is also interested in optimising and running our HR & business processes. We’re looking for an all-rounder who thrives in the small business / high growth environment and is eager to jump into a rebellious, independent agency and lead the finance side of the business.
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Finance Manager will lead all finance related activities and will be relied upon to take ownership for financial compliance, business level finance support, as well as process improvement, including:
- Preparing monthly management reports and interpreting financial information while recommending further courses of action
- Maintaining the financial health of the organisation
- Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Bookkeeping
- BAS Lodgement
- Cashflow Management and Forecasting
- Business Process Optimisation
- Liaising with Accountants & Legal teams
- Coordinate and review all statutory reports/tax returns including lodgement of Income Tax Returns, R&D, GST, Payroll Tax
- Analysing costs, pricing, variable contributions, sales results and the company’s actual performance compared to the business plans
- Developing trends and projections for the firm’s finances
- Preparing and managing the company’s budget
- Providing Human Resources support and supervising the Payroll process
- Finally, you need to thrive in a fun, fast-paced environment!
To be successful in the role, you’ll need:
- 7+ years professional experience including as a finance manager, so you can come in and hit the ground running
- Be Xero proficient
- Financial Modelling skills
- Media agency experience is preferred
- Excellent time management skills
- High attention to detail
- Advanced Excel skills
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics
- Experience in Project Management software/tools (Asana experience a plus)
- Positive energy and attitude and a desire to drive continuous improvement
- Qualified or working towards CA, CPA or other recognised accounting or analytic qualification will be considered a plus
- HR and / or recruitment experience is also a welcome plus
- Must like dogs 🙂
- Part-time position, estimated at 2 days per week and flexible about working arrangements
- Salary of $48k including Super for the 2 days ($120,000 incl Super full time equivalent)
- Location: Surry Hills, Sydney
- Starting: as soon as you’re ready
Along with your CV, please provide a 1 page cover letter, telling us briefly how your skills and experience match the role requirements, and also addressing these 3 questions…
- What do you love about your role as a Finance Manager?
- Why would you like to be a part of the Alchemy One growth story?
- What impact do you want to have in this role?
Related Jobs (9)
Internal Audit Manager | Sydney | Part-time 4 days on April 15, 2019 Permanent Part Time
Manager – IT Audit & Technology Risk | PwC | Melbourne | Part-Time: 4 days on September 20, 2018