Outdure has grown from initially recognising the demand for environmentally conscious decking products, to a company with a global presence, offering a better way to construct outdoor spaces.
We have a complete offering from design and manufacture to distribution. With a background in product design, the team at Outdure always ensure our solutions, innovation and technology are wrapped up in value and service.
You can see more here.
We’re a dynamic, fast-paced team with big aspirations for our business growth.
We have fun at work and culture is really important to us.
We’re embarking on a new phase of high growth and need a true partner to bring rigour and strong foundations to our growth. As an integral member of our leadership team, you will oversee the financial health of the business and be a key partner in realising our ambitious growth trajectory.
We have a finance team of people who ensure the smooth running of the business.
Your mandate is to:
- Bring discipline and structure to the financial and reporting side of the business that ensures the business focusses on the key drivers.
- Bring strategic perspective and blue sky thinking to improve the business based on the results of the past and the forecasts for the future.
- Bring an energetic and positive approach to everything you do which helps the entire business to grow in their skillset and understanding
- Ensure the various aspects of management and financial accounting are executed accurately and efficiently
- Help us build the business
You need to have the ability to build relationships across the organisation and be motivated with the ability to work collaboratively with the entire organisation.
- Direct sound financial/accounting processes and overall financial management for Outdure, including monitoring, maintaining and streamlining core transaction cycles for Cash, Sales, Purchases, Inventory, Payroll
- Work in close partnership with the Chief Executive Officer and management team to provide financial information for decision making, including analysing and monitoring data and trends, and developing KPIs for Team Leaders
- Develop value-add support for the business, including identifying and developing information and analytics, and coordinating and developing the annual budget
- Meet monthly, quarterly and year-end deadlines, with accurate and timely reporting to management
- Meet regulatory compliance requirements, including for Tax (GST, PAYE, FBT, Income Tax), Banks/lenders and other agencies
- Develop Budgets and Forecasts for P&L and Cash Flow, and report against them
- Liaise with banks for effective and appropriate finance facilities
- Consistently review and implement strong internal controls to ensure the integrity of financial information. One of the major projects to start will be maximising the operating potential of Netsuite
- Manage the accounts payable and receivable accounting staff, including focusing the team on core tasks, developing their skills and engagement
- Collaborate with the leadership team to develop and implement strategies and tactics to support ongoing business growth
Relevant experience and qualifications
- Very strong understanding of accounting, financial and internal-control principles
- Experience with Netsuite is strongly preferred, it will accelerate the initial optimisation project we need your help with!
- CA or CPA is required
- 5+ years of broad-based accounting experience required, with at least some of that time leading a finance function.
- Experience working in a growth organisation will be highly valued
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Committed with drive for business results
- Excellent analytical, insights and problem-solving skills
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work efficiently
- Independent and confident making decisions
What’s the deal?
Hours: 4 days or the equivalent across 5 days, (note: there may be some need to travel intermittently)
Salary: Competitive remuneration package, based of level of experience
Location: Alexandria in Sydney (with the ability to work from home when it suits the work you’re doing and you)
If this role looks like you, apply asap. Beam employers hire when they find the right candidate!
If you’re keen to apply and are not already part of our marketplace please sign up to Beam. Applying is easy — upload a CV, answer 3 questions and record a 1-minute intro video so we can get to know you.
We look forward to meeting you.