DDI is a global leadership consulting firm that helps organisations hire, promote and develop exceptional leaders. From first-time managers to C-suite executives, DDI is by leaders’ sides, supporting them in every critical moment of leadership. Built on five decades of research and experience in the science of leadership, DDI’s evidence-based assessment and development solutions enable millions of leaders around the world to succeed, propelling their organisations to new heights. You can see more at www.ddiworld.com.
DDI is privately-owned and headquartered in the United States. Our 1,000 associates operate across 93 countries. The local Australian part of DDI has been around for almost 50 years as well, so we have a strong base of loyal clients. We operate pretty independently and as a successful region for the global organisation. For operating purposes, we align with Europe and India.
As an integral member of our regional leadership team, you will oversee the financial health of the business to enable our consultants to partner with a portfolio of clients on leadership growth and insight solutions, ranging from diagnostics to development. We work with the world’s best talent management tools, processes and consultants to build long-term mutually beneficial partnerships with our clients.
The Australian Finance Manager reports directly to the local Managing Director, however works under the guidance of Corporate Finance in Europe, to provide financial leadership and direction to DDI in Australia. He or she is responsible for providing effective stewardship, control, and oversight of the organisation’s finances, as well as overseeing accounting, financial statement preparation, tax filing, analysis of financial reports, forecasts, budgets, and other ad hoc reporting.
You will need to have the ability to build relationships across different levels of the organisation; will be a self-starter, and a motivated individual with the ability to work independently and under tight deadlines.
- Direct sound financial/accounting processes and overall financial management for DDI Australia.
- Meet month and year-end deadlines, and the completion of accurate and timely reporting to management both locally and overseas.
- On-going review and implementation of strong internal controls to ensure the integrity of financial information.
- Work in close partnership with the Managing Director and management team to provide financial information for decision making.
- Complete and ensure accuracy of all balance sheet and income statement accounts.
- Manage cash flow and payments.
- Direct accounts payable and receivable accounting staff.
- Coordinate and develop annual budget.
- Manage annual audit.
- Manage payroll, tax reporting and compliance as well as other statutory reporting requirements.
- Work on special projects as needed.
- Manage expat provisions.
Relevant experience and qualifications
- CA or CPA required.
- 5+ years of broad-based accounting experience required. Experience working in a multinational firm will be highly valued, with medium to large business experience at a minimum.
- Strong understanding of accounting, financial and internal-control principles required.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Committed, dedicated and with high energy levels and strong drive for results.
- Computer-literate with experience in using financial / analysis tools. Excel proficiency required.
- Experience with an integrated ERP financial system such as Oracle Cloud is highly valued.
- Excellent analytical, organisational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, work efficiently, and manage deadlines.
- Independent problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Four-year degree in Accounting or Finance.
- 15 hours a week across 2 days or more. It might be that you flex this up and down a bit for the cadence of finance requirements across the month and year.
- Salary is $130k, including Super, full time equivalent + a 20% business and individual performance-related bonus.
- Location is in North Sydney (this role is office-based).
Along with your CV, please provide a 1 page cover letter, telling us briefly how your skills and experience match the role requirements, and also addressing these 3 questions…
- What makes you an excellent Finance Manager or Financial Controller?
- Why do you think this role is so important to DDI?
- What impact do you want to have in this role?
Related Jobs (10)
Internal Audit Manager | Sydney | Part-time 4 days on April 15, 2019 Permanent Part Time
Manager – IT Audit & Technology Risk | PwC | Melbourne | Part-Time: 4 days on September 20, 2018
Manager, Internal Audit | PwC | Melbourne | Part-time: 4 days on September 20, 2018