The TOM Co is an Australian, female-owned business, founded in 2009 by Aimee Marks and operates the brands TOM Organic and tooshies by TOM. Our range of certified organic tampons, pads, maternity products, as well as eco nappies and wipes have been developed by women, for women and are available Australia-wide.
Our vision is to empower a community of women across generations to make conscious choices.
We believe that business can be a force for good, which is why we’re one of the founding B Corporations in Australia. We deliver on that through aligning our product, with a genuine care for people and the planet.
You can find out more about TOM at www.thetomco.com
We are experiencing fast growth as the organic and eco-minded consumer looks for alternatives that are easily accessible. The Financial Accountant is a new role, working as part of a high performing finance team. The successful candidate will be passionate about our brand and will use their skills, experience and knowledge to support the business in all things financial.
- Manage the integrity of the P&L via journals and accruals
- Process accounts payable & receivable, including foreign currency management
- Complete bank reconciliations
- Process expense claims, fortnightly payroll, PAYG summaries and superannuation
- Perform month end & year end close processes including balance sheet reconciliations
- Produce management and financial reports, including variance analysis
- Prepare BAS and payroll tax returns
- Provide input into the annual budget & monthly forecast process
- Extract & manipulate sell through data from IRI/Nielsen/Quantium data sources
- Attend and present at monthly team meetings, as required
- Identify and implement areas for improvement in procedures, processes and reporting
Skills and experience
- CA/CPA qualified
- 4-7 years experience in a financial accountant role, preferably in an FMCG business
- Excellent excel modelling and accounting systems skills, Xero highly regarded
- Effective communicator and influencer at all levels of the business
- Strategic thinker who can contribute to continual improvement of the business
- Comfortable with uncertainty and an ability to draw solid financial conclusions from partial information
- Demonstrated success in business partnering
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks at once with effective prioritisation and attention to detail
What’s the deal?
- Part-time: 4-5 days a week, with options to work from home
- Salary: we’d love to see a range of applicants, so salary will relate your professional experience
- Location: as highlighted above we have a beautiful open plan office in St Kilda
- Starting: we’d love for you to join the team in April
Why work with us
Our team – we’ve worked hard to find the right people who can grow with the business and seeing you reach your full potential is our goal
Our health & wellness – it’s is a key part of who we are and our team benefits reflect this: healthy snacks, complimentary meditation app, genuine flexible working hours and locations
Our space – we have a beautiful open plan office in St Kilda, attached to a co- working space with its own café and close to public transport
Our culture – we work hard, innovate, learn from our mistakes, celebrate our
successes and have fun
The TOM Co is a business with heart, and the culture is driven from the top. So we’ll need you to be completely aligned with:
– Living the TOM Co values (see below)
– Keeping an SME mindset of adaptability and finding disruptive ways to achieve outcomes
– Learning and preserving an almost decade old culture as the company scales
– Keeping people and the planet at the forefront
– Having fun and keeping a positive mindset along the way!
The TOM Co Values
- Empower women
- Forge bravely
- Evolve fast
- Bring the vibe
- Set the pace
- Do the right thing
- Lead with heart
How to apply
Don’t wait for the deadline. If this role looks like you, apply asap. Beam employers hire when they find the right candidate!
If you’re keen to apply and are not already part of our marketplace please sign up to Beam.
Applying is easy — upload a CV, answer 3 questions and record a 1-minute intro video so we can get to know you. The video is optional, but it makes a big difference to help you stand out!
We look forward to meeting you.