Vennu is Australia’s leading booking marketplace for community spaces. We are bringing the thousands of community spaces that are abundant across Australia online. Think Airbnb … but for community spaces. We make it easier for guests to find and book spaces for all types of events and make it easier for community spaces to manage their enquiries and bookings.
We are looking for an experienced Full Stack Developer to join our team. The role provides a unique opportunity to be part of a ‘for purpose’ business that is building communities by transforming the use of community spaces.
Who are you?
- Natural and proven technology leader
- You have superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
- A solid communicator who is committed to deliver customer value in our product
- Capable of working independently, and as part of a team
- Able to look at the big/long-term picture while also problem solving the minutiae
- You can easily manage many tasks of competing priorities.
- A self-starter who has impeccable organisational skills
- A process-driven team player who is able to build strong relationships with team members, customers and stakeholders alike
What you’ll do?
- Maintain the Vennu platform which is currently set up on an open source platform called ShareTribe.
- Review our technology infrastructure and make suggestions on where we can optimise to be smarter with our solution.
- Deliver business prioritised features as outlined in our Product Roadmap
- Translate business/user requirements into the overall architecture and implement the new systems.
- Manage the hosting environment, including database administration and scaling an application to support load changes.
- Develop and execute a disaster recovery (DRP) and business continuity plan (BCP)
- Develop and execute information security and cyber security plan that protects the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the company’s data and servers.
- Write well designed, testable code using best development practices for future use.
- Use best-practice code management tools such as git
- Use best-practice project management tools such as JIRA
- Implement automated testing platforms and unit tests.
- Implement responsive designs that function across different devices and web browsers.
- Expert knowledge of Ruby, Ruby on Rails, MySQL, React + jQuery, Node.js
- Familiarity with UX design software such as Sketch and Invision
- Previous experience in a start-up or marketplace
- Experience with open source marketplace platform ShareTribe desirable
- Part-time: The role would be 2/3 days a week, lets talk about what works
- Salary: $140k inc super (full time equivalent)
- Location: We are based in Sydney at Hoist co-working space and all meet on a Monday. The rest of the time can be from home or also at Hoist.
How to apply
Don’t wait for the deadline. If this role looks like you, apply asap. Beam employers hire when they find the right candidate!
If you’re keen to apply and are not already part of our marketplace please sign up to Beam.
Applying is easy — upload a CV, answer 3 questions and record a 1-minute intro video so we can get to know you. The video is optional, but it makes a big difference to help you stand out!
We look forward to meeting you.