Cibo Labs is an agricultural data analytics company passionate about giving businesses and key decision makers the right tools to help them to make decisions less complicated, more profitable, lower risk and more sustainable.
Established in 2018, our mission is to bring new approaches to monitoring Australia’s grazing lands that drive profitable decisions and improve landscape health. We use world-leading science in remote sensing and machine learning (aka artificial intelligence) combined with on-farm knowledge to provide new levels of understanding in pasture productivity and land condition to every farm, paddock or field in Australia. Cibo Labs is leading the commercial adoption of pasture monitoring services across Australia’s livestock industry. We are currently delivering services across nearly 50 million hectares on a weekly basis, and working across the supply chain with producers, processors and industry organisations.
We are a small yet nimble team in a fast-growing business. We are looking for a driven, motivated, and skilled Full Stack Developer to help drive our business forward! You will be working as part of a team with skills in remote sensing and geospatial technologies, data science, agriculture, and environmental management.
- Implement and document new features within the existing web-based applications or new applications.
- Maintain existing products with best practices in software development including automated testing and code documentation.
- Provide estimated schedules and low fidelity UI designs which satisfy requirements involved in the development of new features, products or smaller scale applications.
- Collaboration with data scientists, platform engineers, spatial systems analysts and principal scientist.
Required knowledge, skills and experience
3+ years of experience in web development role or similar is preferred.
Version control using GitHub and Atlassian systems.
User management through Auth0.
Payment integration using PayPal.
- Ability to communicate clearly both within the business and with outside stakeholders
We operate in a friendly, respectful, and relaxed team environment. We are a growing bootstrapped start-up so we need someone who has a ‘roll up sleeves’ mentality.
You need to be driven, motivated and comfortable working in a virtual team.
Please note that we don’t expect you to be an expert in all of these areas – this is our wishlist, however if you believe you’ll be able to do this job well and bring some but not all of these attributes, please apply and let’s chat.
What’s the deal?
- Full-time hours: negotiable
- Location: The team HQ is in Brisbane so ideally you’d be based in Brisbane. But we are open to the right applicants from across Australia who are comfortable working virtually.
- Salary commensurate with skills and experience.
- Start date: we’d love if you could join the team asap!
How to apply
Don’t wait for the deadline. If this role looks like you, apply asap.
Applying is easy — answer 3 questions and record a 1-minute intro video so we can get to know you. The video is optional, but it makes a big difference to help you stand out! We look forward to meeting you.