Are you an experienced fundraiser who is creative and determined to make a difference? Do you want an opportunity to grow with a small and dynamic team committed to building one of Australia’s most inspirational charities? Are you a self-starter who is passionate about seeing women and girls make the most of their opportunities?
Founded by seven-time surfing World Champion Layne Beachley, Aim for the Stars provides scholarships and mentoring to some of the most disadvantage yet determined women and girls in the country. Operating since 2003, the Foundation has traditionally raised funds through events and adhoc donations. So far the Foundation has supported over 450 incredible women. The Foundation has ambitious goals and needs some expert fundraising support to make it happen.
We are looking for a fundraising STAR to develop and execute a plan to raise funds across multi-channels including Regular Giving, Community Events, Workplace Giving, Online Fundraising, Corporate & Foundation Grants, Corporate Events, High Value Giving etc. You will also be able to help us communicate these programs and events across all media channels, particularly social with your excellent writing skills.
OBJECTIVES OF THE ROLE
1. Develop and execute a fundraising program/strategy that incorporates grants, donations, sponsors, bequests and appeals and events
2. Grow and maintain relationships with individuals, trusts, foundations and commerce
3. Manage the fundraising budget and provide regular reporting and analysis
4. Communicate fundraising activities to key segments and across all channels
– Develop and execute a fundraising plan across multi-channels including Regular Giving, Community Events, Workplace Giving, Online Fundraising, Corporate & Foundation Grants, Corporate Events, High Value Giving etc.
– In addition to financial support, secure in-kind and pro bono services as required by the organisation
– Manage relationships with donors to maximise retention and with key suppliers to maximise net return
– Manage policies, systems and processes within the Fundraising division to ensure efficiencies and effectiveness
– Manage all fundraising resources including online platforms
– Measure success against objectives, target revenue and KPIs
– Assist with the communication of all fundraising activities and programs
– Represent and promote Aim for the Stars externally through presentations to funders, speaking engagements and other networking events when required
– Promote and foster a culture consistent with Aim for the Stars organisational values
– Ensure fundraising activities align with Aim for the Stars strategic objectives
– 3 years+ fundraising experience
– Proven track record in raising non-government income (more than $1 million a year)
– Experience in strategic planning, budget development and financial management
– Proven ability to build strong internal and external relationships with stakeholders at all levels
– Strong communicator with effective writing skills enabling the support of communications, including social media of all fundraising events and appeals
– Able to work independently under pressure with competing priorities and deadlines
– Proficiency in database management and website management
– Relevant qualifications in fundraising, marketing or communications
– Experience using Hubspot
– Be able to sometimes work in isolation but be an integral part of a small team
– Be friendly, reliable, open, accessible, honest and decisive
– Be organised and responsive to change
– Always act within the guidelines of the Foundation’s values
– Some Interstate travel in support of Foundation promotion, events or support of recipients.
– Ability to attend functions or events in promotion of the Foundation.
– Work extra hours during major event planning / execution.
– Work from city based office one day per week and home or city office two days per week
$47,945 per annum (plus Super) for three days per week
For more information, please apply through Beam and ensure that you include a cover letter with your application by Friday, July 7, 2017.
Our Vision: To be Australia’s leading foundation for women and girls to achieve their goals and dreams.
Our Mission: Cultivating courage and self-belief through mentoring and financial assistance.
Our Goal: To provide 100 scholarships by 2020.
Our Tribe: We are a community of female and male champions who are passionate about supporting girls and women, and encouraging them to aim for the stars.
Our Values: Our values guide our behaviour with all our stakeholders.