We’re in the midst of exponential growth – with new countries and investment being added to the portfolio. So we need an outstanding, innovative Group CFO to steer us on this journey.
Who are we?
Ward Medication Management (WMM) was started about 3 years ago by Stuart Ward, founder and Group CEO. We are proud to be the largest and most sophisticated provider of clinical pharmacy services in the Australian aged care sector, delivering huge impact for these people. We have also expanded our services into the broader community, are working collaboratively with GP groups and Universities, and have launched internationally. This translates to lots of opportunity.
Our vision is to eliminate medication related harm through being future thinkers and driving industry collaboration. Does this inspire you? Our focused vision has resulted in the implementation of a data driven medication review service which to-date has garnered attention from the Australian Government and Texas Medical Center… and this is only the beginning.
This is a really important role – we’re looking for someone who has strong experience in a growth organisation and who will be a true strategic partner to the CEO. Your mandate will be across:
- Member of WMM Executive team
- Board presentations and representing at board level
- Meeting reporting requirements including ATO (IAS, BAS, FBT, ITR) and ASIC
- Work with the CEO on the strategic vision including fostering and cultivating stakeholder relationships on state, and national levels, as well as assisting in the development and negotiation of contracts.
- Oversee the IT department to maintain accounting systems, ERP and other projects with appropriate access and training for team members
- Manage relationships with auditors, tax advisers, brokers, bankers etc
- Hold appropriate insurances for WMM
- Funds Management
- Manage the preparation of the company’s budget, reporting on variance to the budget
- Forecast cash flow positions, ensuring sufficient funds are available to meet operational and capital investment requirements
- Maintain Investor and Banking relationships
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Manage cash flow cycle
- Maintenance of the general ledger and accounting subsystems
- Accounts payable and receivable processing
- Financial Reporting and Analysis
- Oversee the management and coordination of all fiscal reporting activities for the Organisation including
- Ensuring the delivery of accurate and timely financial reporting by coordination of the month-end close and year-end close cycles for operational management – including P&L, cashflow statements, Balance Sheets and KPI reports.
- Production of statutory accounts
- Payroll and related payments to employees and contractors
- Ensure the accuracy and integrity of accounting records and financial systems
- Active management of overheads whilst seeking out areas for efficiencies for savings
- Ensure adequate controls are installed and that substantiating documentation is approved and available such that all purchases may pass independent and governmental audits
- Preparation of the general purpose annual Financial Statements and liaising with external auditors
- Provide relevant & timely ad hoc financial information to enable a balanced and objective assessment of company performance
- Interpret the company’s financial results to management and recommend improvement activities
- Monitor banking activities of the organisation
- Ensure adequate cash flow to meet the organisation’s needs
- Team Leadership
- Assess the benefits of all prospective contracts and advise the Executive Team on programmatic design and implementation matters.
- Provide the Operations Manager with an operating budget. Work with the Operations Manager to ensure programmatic success through cost analysis support, and compliance with all contractual and programmatic requirements. This includes:
- interpreting legislative and programmatic rules and regulations to ensure compliance with all Federal, state, and contractual guidelines
- ensuring all government regulations and requirements are disseminated to appropriate personnel
- monitoring compliance
- Participate in developing new business for the executive team, new funding opportunities, the drafting of prospective programmatic budgets, and determining cost effectiveness of prospective service delivery
- Assist in performing all tasks necessary to achieve the Organisation’s mission and help execute staff succession and growth plans
- Effectively manage, motivate, support and develop Finance team
- Give direction and leadership towards the achievement of each department’s goals and ensure Finance is properly supporting the needs of the operating businesses
- Supervise & review performance of individuals in the team (currently 2 in Australia and 2 in the US)
- Conduct 1-2-1s, development meetings, provide feedback
- Ability to operate at strategic and operational levels
- Propensity to think outside the box, to innovate
- You have an entrepreneurial streak, with a ‘we can do this’ mindset
- Strong analytical skills to understand business requirements and decompose into more granular level requirements
- Effective communication skills; listening, written and verbal; ability to communicate complex concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Strong collaboration with internal and external business partners at all organisational levels
- Ability to be agile and fluid
- Capability to network
- An in-house Financial Controller or Chief Financial Officer level
- Five to seven years of financial experience and management experience with the day-to-day financial operations of an Organisation of at least 15 staff people
- Some experience from the big 4
- Experience managing international operations is essential
- Start-up / high growth venture experience is preferred
- Do not need industry experience
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or CA equivalent
- Post qualifications preferred
Any equivalent combination of education and experience determined to be acceptable.
- Part-time: 3-4 days and with flexible work time. You tell us what works for your life
- 210k incl Super (FTE equivalent) + 25% of salary bonus in equity/salary MIX
- We’re based at 101 Collins St in Melbourne but are flexible with work from home if that suits you some of the week
Invitation to apply
We’d love you to express your interest if you would like to hear more about our vision; and tell us more about the contribution you can make to it as our Group CFO. Please apply here through Beam with a cover letter telling us more about you – what makes you unique and why you’re excited about joining us.
Related Jobs (5)
Team Leader | Sydney | Part-time 25 hrs/week school hours on December 11, 2018 Permanent Part Time
Finance Manager | Melbourne | Part-time 5 hours/week – (Closed) on November 21, 2018 Contract Permanent Part Time
CEO | Melbourne | Flexibility to design role – applications closed on September 24, 2018 Permanent Part Time
Manager, Internal Audit | PwC | Melbourne | 4 days on September 20, 2018