If fashion is your passion, keep reading!
Stylizen is the first-of-its-kind on-demand digital marketing and discovery platform, connecting shoppers with fashion, beauty and lifestyle brands and stores, both online and in their local area,
We help brands expand their reach by letting consumers know with a simple click where they can be bought and we help retailers attract and convert new and existing customers to their website or local store by providing detailed brand and product information. Stylizen allows you to search, explore, discover, shop, track and deliver from local and online retailers.
In an ever-changing landscape, retailers must constantly evolve their businesses to cater for the increasingly savvy and time-poor consumer, rapid technological advancements and the threat of new competitors as barriers to entry are removed. Today, brands can become retailers and retailers can become brands with great ease.
But if there is one thing we know for certain it’s that technology is no longer incidental to the shopping experience, it is essential.
The future success of retail will be determined by the ability of retailers to meet the on-demand mindset of the modern consumer.
We are Stylizen and we help retailers grow their businesses by enabling them to attract and convert existing and new shoppers at their online or offline stores, whenever and wherever.
By inspiring shoppers and helping them find what they are looking for, and by facilitating faster fulfilment of their purchases, we help local and online retailers attract new customers, maintain healthier margins, keep people in jobs, support their local communities, provide greater economic benefits to these business, their families and employees.
Stylizen is not a start-up focussed on becoming the next unicorn. We want to solve the problems consumers face when trying to find what they are looking for and we want to help brands and retailers with the issues they face when when trying to grow their businesses in highly competitive markets.
What’s the role?
With Stylizen’s focus on editorial and social content in driving engaged users to the site, we are now on the hunt for a fabulous Head of Content. Reporting to the CEO, this person will lead our efforts to ultimately create unparalleled value for brands and retailers in helping them be discovered.
What’s the mandate?
– Development of the strategy and implementation of all the consumer directed content – web, app, social, e-mail, print.
– Accountable for all content marketing initiatives to drive traffic, engagement, leads, that deliver sales and customer retention.
– Collaborates to deliver an effective content marketing strategy and editorial plan to meet the business objectives at the lowest possible cost.
– This role requires a brand publisher mindset: the create the content our audience is looking for and then to optimize the path to conversion.
– Responsible for all the business directed content (brands, online retailers and bricks-and-mortar retailers) across web, social, e-mail, B2B marketing materials
– Editorial requirements including basic SEO understanding, content categorisation and structure, content development, distribution and measurement.
– Development of editorial governance so content is consistent with our brand voice, style and tone.
– Editorial calendar and organization workflows must be developed and managed
– Channel management of digital content hubs and all supporting social channels including email / newsletter distribution.
– An understanding the basic best practices of the main social media channels, which content and approaches work on each and why is essential.
– Measurement, optimisation and reporting of the program required on a regular and ongoing basis.
– Management of all creative resources including writers, designers, interns, and other agency personnel.
– Integration of content programs with brand campaigns.
At Stylizen, we look at CV’s from a holistic point-of-view and won’t fixate on any particular area of skill or experience. Obviously, we want our people to love fashion, because that’s what we are all about. And we want our people to feel good about delighting our customers – both consumers and business customers. Some of the other things we will consider and would be beneficial include:
– 10+ years’ experience in a content creation position (digital experience will be highly regarded)
– 5+ year’s experience in multichannel content creation
– Experience in content strategy development and implementation is a must
– HR-related experience including hiring, managing, performance reviews, compensation in relation to content creators/writers/interns preferable
– Audience development and subscription strategies experience
– Experience with creating compelling messages for different target demographics
– Tertiary qualifications in English, Journalism, Public Relations or related communications field is preferred
– Expertise in all major business software applications (Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, etc.)
– Experience working within the retail industry, more specifically the fashion retail industry, as well as a keen interest in fashion is advantageous.
– Experience working internationally will be highly regarded.
What’s the deal?
– This role is a 6-month contract at approximately 2 days per week with a view to permanent
– Stylizen’s head office is based in the Melbourne inner-city suburb of Abbotsford. There is plenty of room for us to grow the team in this space, and we are conveniently situated close to public transport for those wanting to catch the train, bus or tram to work.
– We also have limited on-site carparking available for those who wish to drive to work.
Stylizen was founded by a mum who knows how hard it is to juggle work and family, so flexibility is really important to us. We are happy for you to work remotely for a period of time, however some office contact will be essential down the track, so you can candidate can get to know the team.
If this sounds like the perfect role for you and you are excited by the opportunity to be a part of a disruptive and dynamic retail tech startup, we would love to meet you. Please apply here through Beam as soon as possible as this opportunity is for an immediate start.