ACES Group employs more than 1100 permanent and casual service employees (primarily security), in public place, entertainment, cultural and commercial workplaces.
We service a diverse range of high-profile venues, iconic tourist destinations and world-renowned events, whilst leading innovation in service delivery by offering cutting-edge solutions with emerging technologies including robotics and Artificial Intelligence.
Our ambition is to make ACES Group an employer of choice in our industry.
We are looking for a Head of HR, People and Culture to lead the function that is integral to the most important part of our organisation – our people and our culture.
We need someone who:
- will constantly question, and seek to improve our strategies and processes around people and culture.
- has a high ownership mentality, a deep comfort with autonomy, confidence in their thought process and a willingness to adapt it to new information.
If successful, you will be part of a senior leadership group that supports and rewards innovation.
The mandate for this senior role is to plan, develop, coordinate and implement the strategies, processes, policies and services required to scale and strengthen our collaborative performance culture.
You will be responsible for driving process improvement and demonstrating excellent leadership as you help the organisation change at the same time it grows!
Specifically, you will be responsible for:
- Leading the P&C function, setting our P&C strategy, and managing up to 10 team members
- Partnering with internal and external stakeholders to provide proactive as well as reactive guidance
- Optimising engagement and professional development of our people
- Managing Industrial Relations and Workers’ compensation issues
- Overseeing WHS reporting, communications and investigations, including RTW programs with our RTW providers
- Guiding our HR Managers and Recruitment Managers on workforce planning and strategic recruitment and engagement services
- Overseeing employee performance, recognition and remuneration in compliance with enterprise arrangements
- Managing integration with the internal Training, Payroll and Innovation teams to support end to end employee experience.
What you will need to succeed
As our expert on people matters you will influence outcomes, add value and be recognised for making a positive difference.
You’ll need to bring:
- A strong understanding that our people are our most important asset
- Strong people leadership capability
- An ability to thrive on embracing challenges in a fast-paced high performance role
- A genuine concern for safety and wellbeing
- Tertiary qualifications in either Human Resources or Law
- Significant P&C/HR and IR experience, ideally in services or trade / blue-collar environments with shift workers
- Highly developed communication and influencing skills
- Effective change management skills, including embracing innovation
- Excellent knowledge of Australian employment legislation, including a solid understanding of recent amendments to the Fair Work Act 2009 resulting in changes to workplace entitlements and obligations for casual employees
- Excellent Microsoft Office Suite skills including database management and online systems
- NSW Driver’s Licence (to attend worksites throughout Metropolitan Sydney)
- The right to work and live in Australia
What’s the deal?
- Hours: Minimum of 2 days a week (or equivalent hours), and up to 5 days (full-time)
- Salary: $170k Full Time Equivalent, including super. This would then be pro-rated to your hours if you choose to work part-time.
- One of the aspects of our business is that we provide a 24/7 service workforce. There are some urgent issues that come up now and again, when we’re going to need to call you for your advice – you’re the expert! This role is about flexibility for flexibility, and we want to make sure we’re transparent about what we need so it works for you too!
- Location: Redfern, Sydney CBD
- As we are considered essential workers, many of us work in the office. We do support a blend of WFH/in-office work if that’s your preference, let’s talk about what can work!
- Starting: We’d love you to start immediately!
How to apply
If you’re keen to apply and are not already part of our marketplace, please sign up to Beam.
Applying is easy — upload a CV, answer 3 questions and record a 1-minute intro video so we can get to know you.
The video is not compulsory, but we’d love it if you could give us some further insight into why you would be great for our role. It does not need to be polished, just the real you.
We’re excited to meet you!