Vanity Group is growing fast – from a small business to an international group. Our people and culture are critical to our success, so we’re looking for a Head of People & Culture to join our leadership team.
Get to know us
VANITY GROUP is a global cosmetics market leader, established in 2011 with an Australian entrepreneurial spirit. VANITY GROUP provides an ensemble of luxury cosmetic brands both via proprietary and licensing whilst focusing on the design, development, manufacture and marketing of premium skincare and haircare hotel amenity products.
With headquarters are in Sydney and with a regional office in Shanghai, China, VANITY GROUP comprises of advanced research and creative laboratories, ultra-modern manufacturing facilities, an in-house master design studio and an extensive warehousing and distribution network in over 55 countries.
We are creators of everything beautiful and masters of storytelling through visual design, fragrances and scents that create emotional connections to products we deliver around the world. A company of choice to hotel groups around the globe. Redefining the standards of excellence, VANITY GROUP constantly pushes creative boundaries, identifies and integrates trends, and sustainably generates value with a competitive advantage through our 360 sustainable beauty program. Our promise is to create new ways of adding value to the guest experience with the products we so truly love.
What we need now
We have aspirations to be a really progressive employer. We would like to be the ‘best place to work’ and industry leader in staff engagement. However with our start-up culture and its agile benefits comes some growth pains as we scale up.
We need an experienced leader with a progressive HR background. We need you to bring ideas and strategies to drive employee attraction, engagement and retention. We need support with leadership cohesion given the relatively new team in place. Above all, we need you to drive a happy healthy culture and to navigate us through fast, international growth.
- The development of the HR / People Strategy
- Recruitment – Identify and implement recruitment processes for the Company to fulfil temporary, permanent and succession planning requirements
- Workforce Planning – Work with the Exec and Leadership Teams to coordinate suitable resource plans and leave scheduling processes to maximise productivity and ensure effective delivery of services/functions (including managing the process for any backfill requirements)
- Performance Management – Establish and implement the Company’s performance review process for all key positions and manage any performance disciplinary processes in line with legislative requirements and company best interest
- Training and Development – Coordinate learning and developing activities by developing a bi-annual internal Training Calendar for all employees (covering off on all relevant compliance training and induction)
- HR/IR Advice , Support and Investigations – Provide advice and support in relation to HR matters and investigate any employee grievances raised highlighting potential solutions to any issues
- Change Management – Assist in leading key change initiatives by ensuring processes in place to identify and collaborate with key stakeholders; develop key communication internal messages and any highlight any relevant industrial relations requirements
- Reward / Recognition – Develop and maintain the Company’s reward and recognition program and manage staff internal satisfaction surveys (either formal or informal) that may be introduced from time to time and proactively build plans accordingly
- Retention – Develop and maintain engaging programmes for both within and out of the workplace for staff, creating an inspiring and motivating workplace environment
- Workplace Health and Safety – support WHS initiatives (note there is a WHS resource)
- Administration /Compliance – Develop and maintain HR Policies and Procedures, oversee and define key employee documentation requirements and conduct monthly and ad hoc reporting as required
Skills and experience:
- At least 5 years HR experience in a People/Culture/HR Manager role with a passion for and strength in generalist HR functions, Recruitment and Employee/Industrial Relations
- HR or Business Degree level minimum
- Previous experience and knowledge of HR Models, tools, systems and metrics such as performance management systems; workforce plans; survey tools; conflict, feedback and communication effective models
- Passionate about creating inspiring and collaborative work environments
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders
- Background and strength in problem solving skills / conflict resolution
- Solid networks to stay up to date re contemporary HR/IR practice
- Previous experience and knowledge of HR Models, tools, systems and metrics such as performance management systems; workforce plans; survey tools; conflict, feedback and communication effective models.
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about creating inspiring and collaborative work environments. Someone who is enthusiastic, self-motivated and demonstrate excellent problem solving and decision-making skills.
- 2-3 days per week or the equivalent across the week (eg school hours)
- Based in Sydney
- Permanent part-time
- Salary based on experience and fit for this role
Invitation to apply
If you’re excited about being a key part of our growth story, please apply here through Beam. We can’t wait to meet you!