Daisee was initially was formed in 2017 to commercialise some of the AI technologies developed at Deakin university. Daisee’s differentiator soon became our ability to use AI to solve business problems rather than just identify them, and we developed products focused on delivering immediate commercial application and a clear ROI for our customers. Daisee is the bridge between technical AI and commercial applications that enables strategy development and drives business growth at speed and scale.
With research conclusively showing that companies in Australia were experimenting with AI technologies and were open to working with start-ups to introduce practical AI applications to their business, Daisee built a high performing team to tackle this opportunity. Tech and Finance sectors had the highest intent and budget for these kinds of investments, so Daisee’s first product, Lisa (Linguistic Interpretive Semantic Analysis) was an ideal opportunity to address a practical commercial problem through the development of an AI solution for compliance in regulated sectors. The ability to adapt Lisa has quickly translated to opportunities in other industries, and LISA is now addressing an unprecedented depth of call centre issues including customer service and experience.
Co-founded by technology veteran Richard Kimber (former Google MD) in Sydney, we have a unique approach that focuses on creating significant value for clients by blending the best human insights, technology and data to create intelligent products that learn and adapt.
Our culture is open, diverse and inclusive. We are highly commercial, and deliver value to our customers through leading-edge AI technology. Our people love to see technology to change the world for good. We innovate and inspire Australia, our customers, our people, and our owners. We win through collaboration and teamwork. Our business is fun, we do great work and employ fantastic, diverse, talented and interesting people.
Our values are to be:
- Personally Principled – we go beyond self-interest and believe in ethical restraint.
- Individually awesome – We are curious, smart, thoughtful, and generous.
- Collectively brilliant – Together we exceed the sum of our awesome parts.
- Future Focused – We focus on the important (not the urgent) to relentlessly pursue our agreed goals.
- Invested – We are empowered and action oriented.
As the leader of the Sales team at Daisee, you’ll be responsible for growing our business through strong, consistent sales, first and foremost! We also need you to feed back client insights to product development, and build our sales capability in terms of a scalable sales process, strong sales operations and a humming sales team.
We’re a start-up, which means this is a hands-on, deal-closing role. You are responsible for our revenue, which allows us to build our product, invest in our people and grow. No pressure!
The context: Daisee provides SAAS offerings, which we sell to C-level executives at mid-large enterprise organisations.
The mandate: Firstly, to close the deals in the pipeline, totaling about $5m in your first year. We take a challenger approach to our interactions and will be looking for you to be a challenger and familiar with this methodology. Simultaneously, we’re looking to you to:
- Build the pipeline: by generating new sales opportunities, ideally from initiatives that you know works from previous roles. This includes working with Marketing to put a sales process into place through social channels, and other channels to market. You tell us.
- Teach your team how to:
- Map prospective accounts around organisational structure, people and existing technology
- Orchestrate discussions with senior execs around their business needs
- Leverage CRM tools (primarily Pipedrive & Mailchimp) to prospect into specific geographic territories and sectors
- Build a sales process which will launch us into the US market, from Australia
This job is about taking “something is happening here and there and we’re not always sure why” to “something is happening over and over again and we know why.” It is an exciting time.
You’ll be managing a team of 4 junior sales people, so you’ll need to lead from the front and close deals while coaching and leveraging your team’s strengths to get to an overall result.
Ideal Person for this Role
1. You are individually awesome. High-performing, results driven and passionate about helping clients improve their organisations through AI-driven technology. We’re looking for:
o A strong track record. Proven experience with 5+ years in as a top performer in B2B SAAS or complex technical sales. We would also love you to have some management or coaching experience. However your sales capability is the most important thing.
o A builder rather than a grower. That means you should have experience of building a predictable, repeatable sales process that works, from scratch, rather than existing within a well oiled machine.
o Adaptability. You thrive in ambiguous situations and dynamic environments and keep focus on deadlines and deliverables.
o Ownership. You own your decisions and your commitments through testing processes, empowering your team and facing the tough decisions.
o Intelligence. We’re at the bleeding edge of technology and things move fast. You can’t be a handbrake!
2. You contribute to our collective brilliance.
o You are invested in Daisee’s success and know that your actions and attitude will influence this through your performance, your leadership and ultimately the delivery of Daisee’s stated objectives.
o Abstraction. You have a demonstrated ability to traverse the gap between what clients genuinely need, what our product needs to deliver and how we can best bring clients on the journey.
o Prioritisation. You’re naturally curious, creative and have great ideas, but pragmatic enough to focus on just the highest impact ones and really nail them.
o Lean. Because you are creative and love to win, you constantly look for faster and more efficient ways to build and close the pipeline without compromising quality.
This is what the right candidate will do:
- Everything will seem much simpler and clearer
- Almost immediately, revenue goes up because you know how to close and feed the pipeline
- You know how to build the basic processes to make it predictable. The prior two stages were about getting off the ground to having “something,”. Now we need to turn that into a repeatable system
- A desire to succeed in tech sales, and to continue to learn
- 5+ years’ in a complex technical product or SAAS sales as a strong performer
- Ability to use a CRM to provide sales insights, and Pipedrive.com experience is a plus
- Excellent communications, bringing a challenger approach to C-level interactions. This includes the ability to write succinct, crisp emails and a great phone manner, in addition to video and in-person meetings
- A desire to do and achieve brilliant things!
- Authentically curious, you love learning and improving yourself
- You want to make a real impact
- You are naturally entrepreneurial
- You are creative in your approach to sales and business in general
It would also be great if you have:
- Knowledge of any of the following industry sectors would also help you succeed: contact centres, speech analytics, natural language processing, content marketing
- Worked in a scaleup that has grown to $10M+ annual recurring revenue
So you’ve got the skills, you’re still reading, and you’re wondering if you’ll find a good team fit with us at Daisee?
If you’re the kind of person who likes helping something scale really quickly, and loves directly seeing the impact of your work, then you need to get on board. If you love learning from the people around you and love teaching them something new as well, you need to be part of this journey. You will enjoy working with a passionate and driven team of high performing individuals who respectfully challenge themselves (and each other) as they address the opportunities and challenges in machine learning for businesses to deliver the evolution of analytics that is transforming the way industry works.
What’s the deal?
- Hours: This is a permanent part-time role, about 30 hours a week – done as it suits you. You’ll need face time with your team however we’re flexible about work, so let’s chat about what working rhythm works best for you.
- Package: Salary is commensurate with experience. However remember that we are a start-up, and that there is huge opportunity ahead.
- Location: Based in St Leonards Sydney (5 min walk from the train station).
- Perks: Free locally roasted coffee, soft drinks, snacks and awesome table tennis. A passionate and hardworking team, who are smart, thoughtful and generous.
If you’re excited about this role, please apply through Beam with a cover letter speaking to:
- Why your skills, experience and aptitude make you the best match for this role
- What achievements in your work give you the most joy?
- Why would you like to be a part of this organisation’s story
- What impact do you want to have in this role
We can’t wait to hear your story.