Comensura Pty Ltd is a Managed Service Specialist in the field of non permanent workforce provision across the public, private and not for profit sectors. While not a recruitment agency, our market leading solution focuses on the procurement of a strong supply chain for temporary workers, consultants and other people-based areas of expenditure. Our company delivers value to clients by implementing order management systems, delivering direct cost savings, process efficiencies and reducing employment risk.
As a rapidly expanding organisation we are looking for the right skills, attitude and personality to complement our existing team, you will be someone who can adapt to new challenges, be proactive and show initiative, but importantly enjoy coming to work each day.
Working at Comensura:
Smart Solutions. Smart Careers.
Join us where the industry’s brightest talents are reinventing recruitment and technology by finding “A smarter way to work” for its customers.
In your quest to find the right role, you’ve probably come across dozens of careers pages that churn out the same old tune. A culture that “likes to have fun”. A business that “cares about its employees”. A “best-in-class” product.
No-one should expect any less. But whilst these are all well and good, do they inspire you into believing that you could fulfil your professional ambitions there? Probably not.
At Comensura, we put you in the driving seat.
You help us develop, and we help you. Hiring isn’t just about getting you in the door: it’s about growing together.
We pride ourselves on a team culture that is fun, hard-working and supportive.
Key Responsibilities of the Role are broad:
- Work as part of the Comensura leadership team to develop and drive the People & Culture strategy to maximise engagement and to be a brilliant place to work
- Champion company culture, collaboration and innovation across the business
- Set up the processes and systems for hiring managers to make consistent, best practice hiring decisions and for them to deliver end to end recruitment and selection
- Establish an L&D training program that addresses company requirements, including orientation and onboarding, training on the job, supporting future leaders and senior leadership development, with support from our parent organisation and new LMS. Develop a learning organisation, by focusing on the development of skills and experiences the business needs as well as enabling individuals to grow personally and professionally, including onboarding programs for new employees across Australia
- Closely collaborate with Payroll and Office services for the whole employee lifecycle
- Maximize employee engagement to ensure increased talent attraction, people development and retention
- Engineer the EVP development and strategy implementation & oversee yearly engagement surveys
- Design and drive the development and implementation of People & Culture initiatives and programs across the company aligned with the Strategic Framework & Roadmap
- Understand the business objectives and growth goals and develop hiring and retention programs to facilitate growth
- Manage and formalise the performance management framework and lead associated trainings for people managers and employees
- Develop and analyse key metrics which measure retention, diversity, engagement and develop programs to optimise desired outcomes
- Review and analyse people data to identify trends and recommend solutions to improve performance, retention, and employee experience and guide Comensura towards becoming a brilliant place to work
- Be an escalation point for the business and effectively manage employee relations issues
- Advise and coach the team on managing poor performance, mediating as necessary. Coach managers where appropriate, review steps and approve termination/restructure recommendations.
- Ensure IR and ER Compliance at all times
- Be the change agent to champion organization transformation in culture, structure, process and people capability, etc. to deliver the desired business result. It includes organisation assessment, organization design and change management.
- Maintain Comensura’s and Impellam ‘s People & Culture related systems and related administration
- Support WHS function
- At least 5 years professional experience in a HR Generalist role, ideally in start-up or small – medium high growth business
- Proven People & Culture (HR) background, with additional background and experience in Learning and Development
- Excellent employment legislation and industry relations knowledge
- Strong experience with, or a passion for, L&D
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in HR or comparable professional accreditation (AHRI, CIPD)
- Strong people consulting and business partnering skills.
- Proven history of creating an engaged culture that promotes retention and efficiency
- Entrepreneurial mindset who thrives in a role where you can be independent and take self-initiative and prioritise, but work harmoniously in a small, ‘hands-on’ team
- Proven track record of building strong relationships vertically and horizontally within an organization
- Previous people management experience
- Intelligent business thinking and commercial awareness
- Strong sense of personal and corporate responsibility
- Ability to prioritise and manage own workload in a pressured working environment
- Solution oriented, data driven, learning mindset who is results driven
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office software
- Strong interpersonal, verbal & written communication skills
What’s the deal?
- 6 month fixed term contract, with the possibility of transitioning to permanent part-time
- 3-4 days or 5 days school hours – we’re open to what works for you
- Flexibility to work from home when needed (you’ll need to be able to come into the office on a regular basis too!)
- $120k + Super ($131k incl Super), Full Time Equivalent
- Location: Sydney CBD
- Starting: as soon as you can!
How to apply
Please apply ASAP, we’ll be interviewing when we see great applications, please sign up to Beam if you haven’t already
Applying is easy — answer 3 questions and record a 1-minute intro video so we can get to know you. The video is optional, but it makes a big difference to help you stand out!
We look forward to meeting you.